So, this is where my faithful friend Anxiety and I first met - my heart...

I've posted numerous times on this forum with a wide range of health 'issues' but the one that keeps me so fearful is my heart.

I don't want to post a huge long story but I started getting ectopics during my last pregnancy in late 2018. I was recorded as getting over 1000 a day. They were the classic PVC - skip and thud. They literally stopped last spring when I started taking citalopram but every now and then I'll get the odd run.

As I say, I'm rarely bothered by them now but I can set them off if I lie down suddenly or take a really deep breath. However, over the last week I have noticed they have started again and got more frequent. A couple of days I've had a few big thuds which has made me panic but, last night I was sat down after dinner and noticed a couple of skips and thuds and then some fluttering sensations in my throat/neck and when this happens I akways check my pulse and it was doing a weird fluttery thing, almost like a double beat and then a pause. I've had this kind of weird beat loads of times before but it's the one that really scares me. I've had several ECGS, two 24hr holters, a echocardiogram and a 7 day recorder in March this year after I suffered a similar episode. All have come back normal, apart from the odd PVC. I'm sure when the 7 day recorder was on I managed to capture the tail end of one of the fluttery episodes but nothing was reported to me other than it being normal sinus rhythm and cardiology discharged me. If I pressed the button on the monitor just after the episode would it have been recorded?

For background, I do have very bad anxiety and a stressful life. I have recently just got over a nasty tummy bug that went on a while and left me worried. The dr sent me for all manner of blood tests a couple of weeks ago - FBC, liver, U&E and others I'd never heard of and all came back normal apart from slightly low iron and to increase through diet and re-test in 3 months but they stated I was not anemic. I was anemic during both my pregnancies so I think I may be a little predisposed to a lack of iron. I know anemia can cause palpitations but surely slightly low levels can't?

I also suffer with reflux and have noticed that the last couple of weeks I've not eaten well at all and I feel very bloated and can feel food kind of trapped in my throat. Could that also cause some of my ectopic problems?

I am very anxious at the moment with obviously covid and my eldest child returning to school as she's already behind so I worry about her coping at school and then last week I had my smear test and awaiting the results and an nervous because I am carrier of the high risk HPV. The post just came and I literally jumped when I heard it because I am panicking about receiving the results...

I'm sorry this post is so long but I just hope someone can read it and relate and offer me some support or advice or maybe someone that gets the same fluttery ectopics as well as the more thuddy ones. I hardly slept last night as I had them on and off and they scared me. I feel rubbish today and so tired and I know that makes things worse.

Thanks