Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indent/dimple question

Indent/dimple question

I've been worried about a small indent, which could also be because of a stretch mark on my breast. It's on the skin like a little patch? Not like a fork or something. But I have seen it in March and could even be there for like forever. But I wonder , if it would be cancer, would it have changed since March ? It's like 1 cm next to my nipple too.

Re: Indent/dimple question

I had this worry recently and I now know it’s a stretchmark an indent is most definitely identifiable as an indent and not a stretchmark I don’t recommend googling but the difference is definitely there. Is there anyone you could ask that you’re close to to take a look for you? I don’t recommend reassurance checking but if it’ll help you determine what it is by getting fresh eyes to look maybe it could help.

Thanks Kiddy, I've asked my mother multiple times and she tells me it's nothing everytime. But she also isn't as silly as me to google things so what does she know what to look for? I asked if it looked like it was pulling in but she said no..

Hi there, I had this exact same issue a couple of years ago a stretch mark that I convinced myself was a dimple, it's still there but I now know its a stretch mark, please check back on some of my old post, I was exactly the same, it dosnt bother me at all now, and I never got it check , I can tell you now what you have is a stretch mark, please try and forget it's there.

Herbie xxxx

Thanks Herbie.. I see my reply didn't send before. I've tried to let it go and still trying but it's not going so well! I've this worry since March this year , mostly every day.. checking loads of times a day in the mirror to see if it's still there or gotten worse. Everyone around me says I'm fine and no one sees what I see apparently. I guess I'll just wait and see if it gets worse, if it does then it's probably more than just a stretch mark. The stretch mark is also right beneath the indent/dimple, so I don't know! Driving myself crazy, that I do know..

I've been down that path. Four years ago I discovered a long indent going down the side of my right breast. It sent me into panic. I went to my gynecologist, and a breast surgeon. Both told me it was stretched skin. The breast surgeon said it's probably a lazy ligament from getting older, having kids, nursing etc. I was 31 at the time if that helps. Anyway, he sent me for a mammogram and ultrasound to be sure but both were clear. I couldn't let it go and begged for a breast MRI. He agreed but didn't advise it. Anyway, mri was totally clear and the radiologist said exactly what the Dr said, it was just a lazy ligament that gave out and it looks like an indent now. It appears when I lift my arm. It's now 4.5 years later, it's still there. I hope that's helpful. You can search my old posts and find posts when I was worrying about it.
    *Hugs*

Eta: the surgeon told me a dimple that needs to be checked further, is one you can't straighten out. So, like pull your skin tight and if it goes away it's just some loose skin/stretch mark stuff. He also said a dimple looks more like a starburst being pulled in and wrinkled like. Like a dimple on your face.

Thanks Leslie, your reply helped me a lot too. If I straighten the skin, the dimple is gone. It's also not a starburst with wrinkles around it. It's a small patch or small line on the skin. I guess I am fine reading your explanation. I will try, very very hard, to let this go. Thank you both *Hugs*!

Still worry about this. Some days more than others. Last 2 days a lot. What I see, whatever it is , is still there but has not become worse . Still the same! I'm guessing that's a good sign..

If , what I see, was / is cancer.. then it would be obvious by now wouldn't it? Since March? Anyone?

If it was, you would definitely have collapsed at this point. cancer is ever growing, so if you've had it since March there's no way you wouldn't know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information