Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 💩 post

Another 💩 post

Sorry everyone - another 💩 post!

Just wanted to hear from anyone who has experienced similar. Over the past three months or so I’ve had loose stools pretty much every day, I would say once a week they’re more normal but that’s it. I’ve spoken to my doctor about this a couple of times (when also discussing other issues) but she doesn’t seem concerned.

I took omeprazole in January time and had loose stools for a while then, then they returned to normal and I started taking them again in June and since then my stools have been very loose and larger than normal (sorry if that’s TMI).

I’ve got a gastro appointment next month, so not sure if they could look into this or not? That’s to do with stomach acid which has also been ongoing for a while.

Thanks!

Re: Another 💩 post

PPIs can cause loose stools so it’s most likely a harmless side effect! But it’s good to mention it to your doc.

Thanks Librella - would this side effect last more than two months since I started taking them?! ☹️ I’ve mentioned it to my GP and she isn’t worried, she said she thinks it’s anxiety. I’ve got an appointment with a different doctor next week to discuss it then.

Commenting here instead of starting a new thread - so the past week or so they haven't been as soft, but I've now noticed they're a tan colour. Has anyone had this before? I'm trying not to freak out. I had blood tests done in August which showed high bilirubin (27 when the normal is 20) and I'm waiting three months to get them redone, so wondering if this is linked? The other blood tests re my liver were fine and my doctor said they use the results from those to judge it too.

Has anyone had similar before?

Poop floats and it sinks
    It's different colors and it stinks.
    It can be hard or soft like mush
    Do your business and just flush!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by cry View Post
    Commenting here instead of starting a new thread - so the past week or so they haven't been as soft, but I've now noticed they're a tan colour. Has anyone had this before? I'm trying not to freak out. I had blood tests done in August which showed high bilirubin (27 when the normal is 20) and I'm waiting three months to get them redone, so wondering if this is linked? The other blood tests re my liver were fine and my doctor said they use the results from those to judge it too.

Has anyone had similar before?
    Anything you ingest affects your poo - obviously!

Poo normally comes in many shades and varies by the day.

Tan? Depends on your idea of tan? Genuinely orange poo could suggest gallbladder or liver issues, but then you can get orange poo if you eat a lot of processed food. If it's more like the colour of the stockings ya nan used to wear, then it's just a normal variant of brown.

Your negative liver tests are a good sign!

Raised bilirubin has lots of causes - one being certain medications. I don't know about levels and what they mean to a doctor, because 27 might seem high to you, but it might be slightly raised to someone who knows what they're looking at, you know? But if he is waiting three months to re-test you, I'd presume you're not in any imminent danger, and you may even find that they've dropped when you are re-tested.

A question I would be asking my GP is: can the meds I'm taking raise bilirubin levels? And, if this is a new thing, as in you've never had raised levels in your blood tests before and it's coinciding with you taking a new medication - then I'd say it's a valid question to be asking.

Absolutely nothing wrong in being proactive with your own health! (within reason)

Your GP is on this. You just need to sort your anxiety out, and try not to obsess about poo!

Having earned my poo-checking badge when I lost my mind to HA, four years ago, I know how freaked out one can become to the normal variations in shade and texture, but these days I just flush and go (washing my hands, obvs)

Haha thanks for the poem @fishmanpa!

And thanks Nora - I would say it's more like the stocking colour so I guess it could be normal, but it's not normal for me which is my concern. I will call the doctor again to mention it, and yes the fact I'm not being tested for another two months does make me think she can't think it's that serious.

I'm not currently taking any medication so not sure it could be anything to do with that, but as far as I know I've never had an issue with it before but I don't know for sure if it's ever been tested.

I'm having CBT online at the moment which is helping, and I am not feeling that anxious about this I was really just wondering to see if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be, before I do go into a panic...

I'm not currently taking any medication so not sure it could be anything to do with that, but as far as I know I've never had an issue with it before but I don't know for sure if it's ever been tested.
    Depends when you stopped taking them? I see you were taking them in June - a matter of three months ago - so as far as I'm concerned, it's still a possibility. It took my body six weeks to get over taking a week's worth of beta-blockers, and my digestive system is still grappling with antibiotics I took back in February!

I'm having CBT online at the moment which is helping, and I am not feeling that anxious about this I was really just wondering to see if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be, before I do go into a panic...
    Good news re the CBT.

However, you are scrutinising your poo (classic HA behaviour)

Also, if you were not 'that' anxious about this, I doubt you'd have started a thread asking if other people have experienced orange poo (reassurance)

I hope the online CBT is helpful to you.

I stopped taking them in early June, so it could be to do with hat. Yes it's been helpful! Well, you may also have seen I've had issues with stools on and off since February, so I think even someone without HA would rightly be a bit concerned about it

I stopped taking them in early June, so it could be to do with hat. Yes it's been helpful! Well, you may also have seen I've had issues with stools on and off since February, so I think even someone without HA would rightly be a bit concerned about it
    Nope, I have vicious HA but my bowels do pretty much whatever they want and I don't stress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information