Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: People just don't care.

People just don't care.

I'm getting very angry now. My partner has just took her and our son out with a friend shopping. My son is still symptomatic, still coughing like crazy, and we have no idea if this is COVID or just a flu. The area is one of the worst in the UK at the moment and his school is closed Monday. Birmingham is on lockdown Monday.

I said to her "He shouldn't be going out" her response "Oh give it a rest".

I've had enough of this. All around me people don't give a f***ing crap about this COVID stuff and my partner is one of the people who is causing the problems we have today.

My depression has bottomed out. I feel like I don't want to live in this any longer. It's never going to end.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: People just don't care.

Well that attitude doesn't surprise me really, don't forget some people think its been made up 🙄 well the wouldn't think that if they had it,

its shows the lack of respect some people have to the seriousness of covid let alone dragging her poor son out shocking,

my advice to you just carry what you're doing keep you and your family safe, because unfortunately you won't change narrow minded people like that who don't care for anyone but themselves xx

you take care xx

It will end.
    I don’t know when or how, but it will end.
    Everything does.
    Look at every other outbreak in history, even without vaccines.
    Life will not be like this forever.
    Our lives are a blip of time in the grand scheme of things and there has never been something that hasn’t ended. And what feels like a long time to us, really isn’t.

I’ve tested positive for covid and I was frustrated as I have been SO careful. Whereas I watch my neighbours having parties and none of them are sick. I watch my children’s school telling parents we must send children with cold and flu symptoms still as Coronavirus would be a fever, cough and loss of taste. That is not true and it is dangerous to send sick children if they don’t have all three symptoms. I’ve lost friends who have got fed up with me while I was isolating and disagreed with people more times than I count.

You have every right to be frustrated and fed up.

We’re all suffering in a pandemic. I’m suffering anxiety and my sociable friends are suffering isolation.. Tensions are high at the moment and everyone has different views.

But, please don’t feel like it’s not going to end. It’s s**t, but it will end.

With regards to your partner, perhaps a conversation to explain that even if SHE isn’t worried, we should show respect to the people who are sick with it, who are at risk and who are fighting it on the frontline. Hopefully she will respect your feelings.

Thank you for your post, DaisyFay. You are such an asset to this forum.

"Everything will be Ok in the end... And if its not Ok, its not the end"

-Unknown

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyFay View Post
    It will end.
    I don’t know when or how, but it will end.
    Everything does.
    Look at every other outbreak in history, even without vaccines.
    Life will not be like this forever.
    Our lives are a blip of time in the grand scheme of things and there has never been something that hasn’t ended. And what feels like a long time to us, really isn’t.

I’ve tested positive for covid and I was frustrated as I have been SO careful. Whereas I watch my neighbours having parties and none of them are sick. I watch my children’s school telling parents we must send children with cold and flu symptoms still as Coronavirus would be a fever, cough and loss of taste. That is not true and it is dangerous to send sick children if they don’t have all three symptoms. I’ve lost friends who have got fed up with me while I was isolating and disagreed with people more times than I count.

You have every right to be frustrated and fed up.

We’re all suffering in a pandemic. I’m suffering anxiety and my sociable friends are suffering isolation.. Tensions are high at the moment and everyone has different views.

But, please don’t feel like it’s not going to end. It’s s**t, but it will end.

With regards to your partner, perhaps a conversation to explain that even if SHE isn’t worried, we should show respect to the people who are sick with it, who are at risk and who are fighting it on the frontline. Hopefully she will respect your feelings.
    I agree with pulsia. This was a fantastic post. Thank you.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'm getting very angry now. My partner has just took her and our son out with a friend shopping. My son is still symptomatic, still coughing like crazy, and we have no idea if this is COVID or just a flu. The area is one of the worst in the UK at the moment and his school is closed Monday. Birmingham is on lockdown Monday.

I said to her "He shouldn't be going out" her response "Oh give it a rest".

I've had enough of this. All around me people don't give a f***ing crap about this COVID stuff and my partner is one of the people who is causing the problems we have today.

My depression has bottomed out. I feel like I don't want to live in this any longer. It's never going to end.
    And not forgetting those who are still travelling overseas on holiday and moaning about having to quarantine upon return, yet the media and the ritual jet-setters themselves don't seem to give a flying fig. The 'serial pessimist' I know has just returned from a holiday in Spain and gloating about their situation being far better than ours and us being much worse hit than them. I said 'Haven't you been following the news lately? Daily cases in Spain are well ahead of ours', and he said it's our govt making that up in order to downplay our figures, which he is adamant are far worse than both Spain's and France's, and both Spain and France are far better organised than us at managing the pandemic.

Probably the biggest pathological liar I have ever known!!

It's very hard for those living in a household where there's a complete difference in attitude regarding CV and how "real" the threat actually is.

If you can control your own environment all well and good but it's a whole different matter if you can't and are living on a knife edge..This situation isn't normal and it's not all about "facing your fears". It's about living in fear 24/7 for some.. especially now and no amount of therapy can fix that especially for those who have additional needs such as ASD.

We've just had confirmation our next door neighbor has tested positive for COVID. Same symptoms as me and my son had too.

My partners friend is a horrible cow. She's like 55, always moody and horrible to everyone. Anyway, she gets my partner to go with her everywhere. If she needs to go shopping my partner has to go with her. She'll sweeten my partner up by buying her a t-shirt from a charity shop or something. It's mental.

Anyway my partner was meant to go with her friend to her mothers house who is in her 80's. She called her today and said neigbour has tested positive for COVID so she can't go to help her mom tomorrow and needs to self isolate.

Her friend is still trying to talk her into going to her moms with her. My partner has done the right thing but this friend of hers wants to kill off her mother by the sounds of it.

Tried to book my test but there's no walk in places around me. The Government site wanted every damned bit of information possible before it told me there's no testing sites. That's bang out of order they shouldn't harvest you data like that.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's very hard for those living in a household where there's a complete difference in attitude regarding CV and how "real" the threat actually is.

If you can control your own environment all well and good but it's a whole different matter if you can't and are living on a knife edge..This situation isn't normal and it's not all about "facing your fears". It's about living in fear 24/7 for some.. especially now and no amount of therapy can fix that especially for those who have additional needs such as ASD.
    Yes Pulsia it's difficult. My brother is a police officer and I told him about this and he said our son shouldn't even be out he should be self isolating and that if he's caught outside with even flu symptoms he can get on the spot fine. I told her this and she sorted of took it onboard.

You know me Pulsia I follow the numbers and what's going on locally and try to be rational to keep not only my family safe, but the older generation who need protecting. Hence why I, or my son, or even my partner for that matter, shouldn't be around people. Even a flu is bad for old folk on a normal day without the added question of "do I have COVID".

My diazepam have ran out because the anxiety recently is real. My panic attacks have sky rocketed. This is going to have some lasting effects you're right.

☪️️

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information