Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People just don't care.

Re: People just don't care.

We as a family have had terrible lasting effects too. It's amazing how pernicious a virus can be, not just in terms of causing physical illness.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    We as a family have had terrible lasting effects too. It's amazing how pernicious a virus can be, not just in terms of causing physical illness.
    Very true pulisa. I mean some days you can just get on, but other days you're left to ponder the situation. Today's statistics, and now the news of my neighbor, is not a time to run out of medications

The physical illness (if you're fit and well) you can recover from but the mental side of it will always be there because this is a significant part of everybody's life at the moment and COVID will remain as significant as 9/11 in people's minds.

I can't say if I have COVID because I've had no test. Now on hold for past hour to order a home test. But with the neighbor having similar symptoms I've just got this feeling it is. The cough is annoying and I can see why people with respiratory illness would suffer. The rest of it is like a bad flu. The cough is like a bad chest infection. And it seems to hit hard all at once, as opposed to a flu or chest infection which seem to gradually ease into worse symptoms. COVID is like BAM have that. That's IF what I have is COVID.

I can't breath deep at the moment it will set off a coughing fit which still burns a little but nowhere near as bad as the first day. I've got no apatite, but that's because I'm out of a medication.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 11-09-20 at 20:43.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Ok, now her friend has roped her into still helping her mother tomorrow even though she's told her she's been in contact with somebody with COVID.

I'm done caring folks. I can't even care for myself because I'm the same house as somebody who is still willing to put people's life in danger. It's like she can't say no to this lady. Wtf. And what can I do about? Nothing. Just got to accept her decision or argue over it. Neither one is good.

That friend of hers has some major hold over her. The lady has a family she can call on, but she's still roping my partner into it. Because apparently there is nobody else to help.

Is this a dream? So effing surreal.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I have the same thing going on in my family, James. My great uncle died from Covid, and one of my other uncle still won’t take precautions. He says, “Oh _____ was gonna die anyway.” That May have been true, but three other family members got it, and the youngest of them was the sickest. My uncle still just fluffs it off and continues to do whatever he wants.

As much as I sympathise with your plight, I do feel obliged to remind you that the odds of even becoming ill enough to be hospitalised with Covid-19 is still tremendously low.

I’m not trying to downplay the risks by any means, but as you seem to be spiralling a little here I think a bit of perspective might do you some good.

I’m almost at a point of not blaming folk who want to just get on with it. We all would do well to remember that most of us are on this forum because we have difficulty reasoning things like this out.

Your partner is doing the wrong thing, we all agree, but I see people everywhere right now doing the wrong thing. The vast majority of those “doing the wrong thing” will fritter away into insignificance. Some “wrong things” might just materialise into something more.

We’re living through something that none of us have lived through before, and as much as we all get frustrated, at a certain point we need to realise that we all have our own ways of dealing with things.

A heartfelt chat with your partner, rather than an argument, might do the trick. Remind them of your illness and how their actions affects you. You understand your partner isn’t hitting the panic button, but they must also try to understand how you perceive this situation.

I dunno. I tried wheat beer tonight and it’s got me slightly drunk/philosophical, but I hope you get what I mean. Try to calm yourself a bit, you’re catastrophising here and you need to pull yourself back a little.

My frustration isn't with my partner. She has a helpful nature and just wants to help. She got upset about it that she couldn't take her shopping. I think she enjoys the time with her because she has alzhimers and she's one of the people she recognizes. Me and her friend have never got on. She's too sour and we've fallen out in the past.

Yes Gary A, that's why I'm frustrated with all of this. People in general are not taking it seriously from my observations. It's all just surreal right now. A lot of my feelings today are withdrawing from diazepam so I may come off a bit brash. Maybe the real me is meant to be brash and that's just who I am, but the medicated me lets everything just flow by. Those around me tell me to take my meds when I have an opinion on something. It's a curse to be on medications because my mom, my partner, my brother are all the same "Oh its because he hasn't had his meds today". That means I am not valid to have an actual opinion on something because non medicated me will challenge people. Medicated me will not.

☪️️

I'm sorry to hear you're going through all this, especially while feeling ill! That would drive me absolutely bonkers. It already bothers me so much seeing the laissez-faire attitude a percentage of the public has.

I hope you start feeling better physically and mentally soon.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

It's a curse to be on medications because my mom, my partner, my brother are all the same "Oh its because he hasn't had his meds today". That means I am not valid to have an actual opinion on something because non medicated me will challenge people. Medicated me will not.
    On the bright side, at least they don't say "She must be on her period" like they do with me

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    On the bright side, at least they don't say "She must be on her period" like they do with me
    Ah ha ha! I use that one too

Honestly Vee, women do turn into a hormonal mess during that time. As a man I can see it, telling a woman this during her time of the month is asking to get your head bitten off.

☪️️

Yeah, we can be hot messes, but you guys also use that as a convenient excuse when you know you really did screw up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information