Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
Reading your post I resolved that my weapon the next day against my fear would be the acceptance and expectation you described. That in my state, there was no way the day would be free of troubling symptoms and troubling thoughts, I had put my body through the wringer far too much for it to just evaporate in a day. I also decided to meet those symptoms with a reframing of my body as you said, that they weren't a sign of imminent death, or doom, but rather they were a sign that my body is putting up with quite a bit of hassle from my brain and soldiering on anyways! That my body is strong enough to go on a moderate hike, etc.

So I went through the day with that exact line of defense, and sure enough, the wobbly feelings came, the sense of doom, the feeling of being short of breath, etc, all came on several times throughout the day...and it wasn't easy but each time I reminded myself they were supposed to happen, accepted that they would continue, and that my body was enough. 17,000 fitbit steps and a lot of wonderful natural scenery later, I had gotten through the day, and it turned out to be quite an enjoyable and memorable day! So thank you once again. I'm continuing that pattern now at home, but it's of course much easier now in familiar territory.
Thank you so much for this feedback!

This has made my day!