Thread: Frequent urination feeling

Frequent urination feeling

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone suffers from the need or urge to urinate with their stress or anxiety? I have had this for last couple weeks on and off. I don’t have any pain with it, just irritation or sensation I need to go. After I have been For a wee I then feel ok for a short time and then it’s back. I’m a big GAD and HA sufferer so constantly on edge and wondering this could be causing this.

Thanks

Re: Frequent urination feeling

Check THIS out.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for that, I have seen that before but like most anxiety sufferers I struggle to believe and search for actual other people who might have same issue. Hate not being able to rationalise

I’ve suffered from irritable bladder on and off for years. Constant tests for uti’s, cystoscopies, bladder ultrasounds - nothing wrong other than chronic inflammation (non infection cystitis). Always made worse during times of stress. It’s very frustrating to deal with but usually will get better when you’re not as anxious. Bit of a catch 22 I know though, when you’re worrying about what’s causing it. Irritable bladder is very common.

Thank you very much for your reply, it’s really frustrating. I’m sure my anxiety plays big part because when I’m occupied with somthing I’m focused on, I can’t say I feel it. But because most of my days are spent in anxious state, I tend to notice it all the time.

I've been having the same issue on and off. Totally spiralled into a health anxiety meltdown - was bedridden with what felt like a week long panic attack! All my samples show I didn't have a UTI, and I had an ultrasound done on my bladder and pelvis which showed no issues. This helped but I still do worry 'what if?!' but I've noticed if I'm busy / worried about something else, the feeling is gone! And I tell myself - if there was a real illness? Would it stop when I'm distracted? Likely not. I also just recently found out how common this symptom is with anxiety. We tend to hyper focus. All we do is think about our bladder so of course our brains focus and we feel it more. Anxiety is a real bad guy but that's likely all thats wrong also I found out I was suffering from a vaginal infection which can cause the irritation too - not sure if it could be the same for you?

The rant basically is - try stay busy, and you'll notice it less and less until it fades into the background. It's been my anxiety focus for like a month now but I'm slowly getting better. The Main thing is DO NOT GOOGLE!! You will feel so much better.

Hey thanks for your reply.

Defiantly not a vaginal infection as I’m male 😂 but could be a penis infection.

When I’m busy and moving about I don’t really notice it much either, but it’s what I’m focused on at the moment so I seem to feeling it more. I know anxiety can cause this and I have ibs which could also play its part. Think I will do a sample for doc to see if anything there.

Hate anxiety, it’s messes with your head all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by saintdee View Post
    Hey thanks for your reply.

Defiantly not a vaginal infection as I’m male  but could be a penis infection.

When I’m busy and moving about I don’t really notice it much either, but it’s what I’m focused on at the moment so I seem to feeling it more. I know anxiety can cause this and I have ibs which could also play its part. Think I will do a sample for doc to see if anything there.

Hate anxiety, it’s messes with your head all the time.
    Hi Saintdee, I can sympathise with this situation. Back in December 2018 I suffered with very similar symptoms during a phase of really bad stress and health anxiety.

For about 3 weeks my symptoms were:

Frequent urination - literally peeing straight after drinking.
    Urgency upon waking up.
    A 'feeling' there was pee stuck inside - sorry, difficult to convey that sensation!
    A constant sensation of having to urinate.
    Fullness/pressure on my bladder - when I bent over for example, I felt like I HAD to go.

All in all really weird, and stressful. I had an urine test which was clear, and wasn't offered any other tests as the doctor said it was an anxiety problem. It all stopped after 3 weeks ish, and I have no idea what cause it at the time.....but having suffered so many other weird anxiety related symptoms since then, I assume that was also the cause.

Thread Information