Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you grass up a neigbour?

Re: Would you grass up a neigbour?

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I had that problem when I first moved to this house. A neighbor thought we grassed them up to social services. We didn't, but for a good 6 months it was hell. Everybody gets on well now though.
    That must of been very uncomfortable especially being new there, that's why they probably presumed it was you as they didn't know you, good that it's been resolved though take care xx

I don't usually rat out my neighbors for anything unless 1) They've done it to me, 2) Someone could get seriously hurt, 3) I've already asked them to some doing whatever it is and they still won't stop. Otherwise you want to try to keep things peaceful. It's not good having to live constantly watching over your back to see if someone is gonna get revenge on you.

What would be the point - makes no difference whether there are 6 or 20 of them - only if it was a mass gathering would I even bother the rozzers. The other problem is that these would be domestic gatherings and the police would be up against the problem of not being able to legally enter people's properties to break them up ... different matter if it is in an open area. I think the 6 was just plucked out of the air with no scientific reasoning behind it. It's really just to encourage people to not gather in large numbers in areas (like private homes) where no record can be made or checked (unlike in a restaurant or pub). And we all know that where an inch is given certain individuals will always thieve a mile.

I can't imagine calling the cops on a neighbor unless they were actively trying to murder someone. Too much can go wrong.

Well I have called the cops on the neighbours after hearing screaming and kids crying the mongrel husband was punching the shit out on his wife as his kids looked on,I went over and got the kids and bought them back to my house,this was a few years ago and you know what I would do it again.Domestic Violence is rife especially during these times.

Yes, I live next to Dominic Cummings...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Well I have called the cops on the neighbours after hearing screaming and kids crying the mongrel husband was punching the shit out on his wife as his kids looked on,I went over and got the kids and bought them back to my house,this was a few years ago and you know what I would do it again.Domestic Violence is rife especially during these times.
    Well done for helping that poor family out, Lola. It's very hard getting in the middle of DV as you end up a target yourself and the police won't help.

I hope that scumbag went to jail and the family are protected from him.

Hi TerryThe family were moved into a women’s refuge,the police were wonderful.The p rick got a slap on the wristand a 12mth good behaviour bond which sucked. If I could have I would have flogged the shit out of him the grub.
    I would call the fuzz if I ever hear or see this kind of shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Good on you for helping the family, phoning the cops cause of domestic violence is one thing but phoning on them for having too many people around, particularly when they are not disturbing anyone else like where i live, another thing entirely
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Yes good for you, Lolalee..Plenty of people would have turned a blind eye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information