Thread: Period Symptoms no period

Period Symptoms no period

Hi

I know I posted a few months ago about my period coming earlier than usual, but for the last few months it's been quite consistent; 25, 26 and 27 days. This month I'm on day 32 and it's still not happened. When I was younger I used to be very regular 27,28 and then every few months I'd go to 30/31 but this seems longer than ever. I've been feeling pre-menstrual for over a week with the usual symptoms - moody, bloated, either very hungry or can't decide what I want. I've had a few cramps but usually it's worse when I'm about to start.

I'm 25 years old and I'm certainly not pregnant either - never had sex.

At first I thought I was just going a couple of days over like I used to, but now panic is setting in that it's something worse. Any advice appreciated
    Last edited by worriedmuch; 16-09-20 at 08:48.

Re: Period Symptoms no period

By your own admission, it's not uncommon for your periods to go to 31 days. This is day 32. You have health anxiety, so you are stressing about it, and stress/panic can delay a period.

Thanks for the reply!

I know focusing on it isn't helping, but the longer it doesn't come the more I worry! I shouldn't have googled it the other day. It showed uncontrolled diabetes as a possible reason and that keeps lurking in my mind. I think it's more likely late because I did a lot of exercise last week after not much during lockdown. I just can't get rid of the panic that somethings wrong

Periods for some people aren't in a really regular pattern, mine were very regular in younger life, but those of my daughter in her 20s have never been. An itsy bitsy change of hormone, this way or that, caused by natural changes or mental health changes or physical activity can alter the pattern. For example - its a well known fact that women on holiday either miss a period or have it come early on the plane ! I'm sure you've nothing to worry about.

Thanks for replies.

Still not happened, but getting period like cramps. I've never been more desperate for a period in my life :(

Part of me knows its probably nothing to worry about, but my mind just keeps drifting back to what if somethings wrong and that inevitably spirals to serious illness and death. I can not worry for a while, but it always comes back.

Still nothing :'(

I've never had sex or even touched a man, but for some reason I'm now panicking I'm pregnant. I know it's impossible, but I'm just getting so worried. Anyone else had this?

Your name isn't Mary, is it?

Seriously, though, I had a 42-day gap between periods last year and I'm only in my early 40s.

Haha - thankfully not!

It's never happened to me before and I think that's why I'm freaking out. I keep getting mild pms symptoms like I'm ready to start - it just won't happen

Been there, and I was completely terrified, I can't lie. As far as I can tell, though, it's one of those things that happen, and the older you get, the more likely these little anomalies will occur.

It's still one of my main triggers and I'm nowhere near all the way there, but it can be really helpful to train yourself not to bother about it. Sooner or later, shit's gonna get freaky and it helps to be mentally prepared.

Thread Information