Hey guys,

Pretty new member here, but longterm sufferer of HA. Recently I had my worst 'flare up' if you will of all time. I had what felt like weeks straight of panic and crying, unable to do anything including sleep. I, like the rest of us, hyper focus on stuff and catastrophize. And I realised, this is ridiculous! So I've began seeing a therapist for CBT. I'm only a few sessions in and its so nice to feel acknowledged and see my thought patterns on worksheets etc, knowing that this is *real* and not just me!

However, I've tried SSRI anti-depressants in the past, and had horrific side effects with them and had to come off. My therapist asked me about going on one, but I explained. She said it wasn't a big deal, and the real work is in the therapy and that medication in a personal choice. However, my GP disagrees, and says it's very rare to hear of someone recover from anxiety WITHOUT medication..

Just looking for some real life experiences. Have any of you had success without medication? Maybe a dumb question but hey ho!

Thank you.