Thread: for ladies: spotting between periods

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

for ladies: spotting between periods

hi all,
    I'm 41 and in perimenopause timeframe. for 2 cycles, I noticed that I spotted the next day after being intimate with husband. this was after my period has ended for a week or so. the spotting would last like 2-4 days then stopped. so I gathered my courage and checked in with obgyn doc. Pelvic exam was normal. she said cervix looks a little bit irritated but nothing concerning. So she sent me for some hormone tests and infection test because in perimenopause, irregular hormone can cause spotting. She asked me to monitor. if I continue next cycle she would send me for ultrasound.

for a normal person, this would sound minor. for health anxiety people like me, now I started questioning. My Pap smear was clear just 3 months ago. Shall she send me for ultrasound right away? I didn't dare to ask what kind of ultrasound. Now I'll be on edge for the next 4 weeks or so. any lady experience this and turn out nothing? thanks for reading

Update: I went through pelvic ultrasound and it’s normal. However she said if irregular bleeding happens again, she wants a endometrial biopsy.

I didn’t get to talk to her. This is just messaging with her nurses via email. Does endometrial biopsy mean cancer suspicion? The pelvic exam and ultrasound are normal. Would they show something if it’s Uterius cancer? I’m freaking out
    Last edited by nhelen79; 25-09-20 at 17:49.

Thread Information