This is the first time I'm writing on this forum. I have however been lurking here on and off when my HA have been especially high.

To make a long story short I've been having a lot of anxiety for the past 6 months or so. It all started with a pretty bad panic attack at work which happened after I had been very stressed for a couple of months. Ever since then I've basically had anxiety every day, especially in the mornings. My symtoms have varied but I usually feel kinda hot (feverish), jittery, fast heart-beat,nauseated... Pretty much the "classic" anxiety symtoms. For the most part I knew they were anxiety so I managed to not freak out about them too much (as I've also had them in the past during my previous bout of HA), and somewhere around lunchtime the symtoms would get better and I could feel completely fine in the evening.

However, for the past 10 days or so I've been having stomach issues that I've never experienced before. Even if I've been really stressed/anxious my stomach have always been fine (apart from short moments of nausea).

It all started one day when I went to the toilet and discovered a small red streak on my stool. I initially got scared, but also knew I had been constipated recently and that it kinda hurt to "get it out" so to say... So I thought that probably was the reason and tried not to think about it too much.

The next day I woke up early morning feeling extremely bloated with stomach cramps. A short while later I have to go to the toilet and my stool is loose (not diarrhea but definately more loose than normal). I continue to stay bloated for a few hours and go to the toilet 2-3 times more. Its not a lot that come out every time but all of it is pretty loose and kind of a more light brown color. No more blood as far as I can see. Around lunchtime it settles down and I feel pretty normal for the rest of the day... But then next day the exact same thing happens; I wake up bloated, go to the toilet 3-4 times and then start to feel more fine around lunchtime.

After having this for about 3 days I started getting hard stool instead. The other symtoms were the same (bloated feeling in the morning) but then I only went to the toilet once a day and it was pretty hard. That went on for a few more days and now I seem to be back to being loose again. I don't have much stomach cramps anymore, just feeling uncomfortable from the bloating. Most days it seems to settle down around lunchtime but some days I can feel bloated and have gas all day. My appetite is also basically gone. In the morning it's the worst and I have to force myself to eat a little yoghurt. Later in the day it tends to get better but I rarely really feel like eating. Part of it is probably because when I eat (especielly if it's in the morning/noon) it makes me either feel even more bloated or I soon have to go to the toilet again for another round of loose stool. I really don't want to lose any more weight as I'm already pretty slim as it is.

I never have to go to the toilet after lunchtime or in the evening though. It's just in the mornings.

Been thinking about going to the doctor but my friends and family all think it's 100% due to my anxiety. Thing is this all started just when I was moving to a new apartment and not gonna lie I've been through a lot of stress because of this. I've never lived at any place by myself (always lived with parents/boyfriend/friends before) and being alone is one thing that really makes my HA go wild (always been scared something will happen to me when I'm alone and then no one is there to help). So these past days have been tough as I spend a lot of time by myself every day now.

I just would like to know if anyone out there have experienced similar symtoms, or if it's possible to suffer from anxiety for a long time and then suddenly develop IBS when you haven't had it before. If it helps I'm a 30 year old female.

I'm just scared that it's something serious such as the dreaded cc...