Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stomach issues, afraid of something serious

Re: Stomach issues, afraid of something serious

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

As it's been some time now, I thought I would make an update to this thread.

First of all I went to do those blood tests and got the results back about a week ago. Everything I was tested for was just fine. I can't remember all of it right now and I'm sorry if I don't know the correct english terms, but they did test for inflammation, sugar-levels, blood count, iron-levels, some thyroid test and gluten intolerance. Probably some more that I forgot. The doctor wrote in the letter that all was fine but if I continued to experience symtoms I would contact them again.

The following day I felt a bit stressed and had some stomach pains, but these went away in the afternoon when I started texting with a friend (??), and then for 4 days after that I had no problems with my bowels whatsoever. I didn't eat anything differently during this time and wasn't really doing anything differently either. I was just fine. But then it came back again after those 4 days. I'm not sure what triggered it and I try to think "I'm fine, all my tests were fine.." but then I remember I read somewhere that you can't really know for sure that something is truly wrong until you've done a colonoscopy.

Now for the past few days my stomach is back to how it used to be; I wake up bloated. Sometimes I start passing gas while still in bed and sometimes I need to get up to move a little and drink something before I get to pass it. After (or sometime during) breakfast I need to go to the bathroom. At first the stool is just small hard lumps, but later when I go (often I have to go 2-3 times) it gets more soft. Still hadn't had anymore loose stools though.

Other than that I'd say my appetite has improved and is pretty similar to what it used to be. (I've never really wanted to eat much for breakfast but rather later in the day).. Also I checked and haven't lost any weight which actually is a little odd considering I've eaten less than usual, but I'm happy for it still.

I don't really know what I should do at this point. The thing that bothers me most now is all the gas and the bloating really.

It's been a while so thought I would make an update again.

Its now been about 5 months since I started to experience these stomach/belly issues, and even to this day I'm not completely fine. However, I would definitely say that I am better since the first week, because that was pretty horrible.

I very rarely feel any stomach pains or cramps anymore, I also very rarely have loose stool (except if I've been eating something that could explain it), but I still have discomfort in my belly area. It's always in the center and usually below my belly button. The "discomfort" is usually a bloated feeling, like I have gas trapped in there that won't go out.

How I feel from day to day vary a lot. I've had periods where I've gone for a few days to a week with almost no issues at all (at least I think so as I haven't been thinking about my belly), but then it's like there's something that "triggers" it again so it starts all over, lasts for a few days and then go back to a more normal state.

When I have a more "bad" day, I wake up in the morning, feeling fine for a few seconds, and then I start feeling my belly acting up. After a few minutes I start passing a lot of gas. Then after getting up from bed and eating breakfast I get even more flatulence until I feel I have to go to the bathroom for a bm. Usually I'm neither hard nor soft but it's not a lot that come out. After that I continue to have gas until I feel I have to go to the bathroom again for another small bm. Even though I go 2-3 times like this I still continue to feel bloated for another few hours. Then in the evening I'm usually feeling just fine.

I know I've been reading that flatulence and gas can be a sign of anxiety... But can it really be that much? And sometimes I feel like I don't feel anxious at all but then all the belly discomfort makes me anxious. I'm even scared to go anywhere in the morning so I'm happy I'm currently working from home and rarely have to leave the apartment until 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by lobbie View Post
    It's been a while so thought I would make an update again.

Its now been about 5 months since I started to experience these stomach/belly issues, and even to this day I'm not completely fine. However, I would definitely say that I am better since the first week, because that was pretty horrible.

I very rarely feel any stomach pains or cramps anymore, I also very rarely have loose stool (except if I've been eating something that could explain it), but I still have discomfort in my belly area. It's always in the center and usually below my belly button. The "discomfort" is usually a bloated feeling, like I have gas trapped in there that won't go out.

How I feel from day to day vary a lot. I've had periods where I've gone for a few days to a week with almost no issues at all (at least I think so as I haven't been thinking about my belly), but then it's like there's something that "triggers" it again so it starts all over, lasts for a few days and then go back to a more normal state.

When I have a more "bad" day, I wake up in the morning, feeling fine for a few seconds, and then I start feeling my belly acting up. After a few minutes I start passing a lot of gas. Then after getting up from bed and eating breakfast I get even more flatulence until I feel I have to go to the bathroom for a bm. Usually I'm neither hard nor soft but it's not a lot that come out. After that I continue to have gas until I feel I have to go to the bathroom again for another small bm. Even though I go 2-3 times like this I still continue to feel bloated for another few hours. Then in the evening I'm usually feeling just fine.

I know I've been reading that flatulence and gas can be a sign of anxiety... But can it really be that much? And sometimes I feel like I don't feel anxious at all but then all the belly discomfort makes me anxious. I'm even scared to go anywhere in the morning so I'm happy I'm currently working from home and rarely have to leave the apartment until 5pm.
    I get you. It happens to me every other day. Same as what you described. I think its pretty common. Most people like my wife don’t think too much of it. She just says it’s uncomfortable but never ever fearing of the big C. Whereas for me, who has panic issues, would generally associate the big C. Strangely, im pretty sure it’s not but my nerves tell me otherwise. I guess it’s got to do with how the stomach is connected to the cns and maybe we’re superhumans.

Hi

Hi sorry this is my first post after just finding this website by pure chance.

I am absolutely panicked/beside myself/hysterical/cannot function with new stomach issues which started about 4/6 weeks ago.

A bit of background about me: i am a 47 year old woman with type 1 diabetes (insulin dependent) which i have had for 22 years. I started suffering from health anxiety about 5 years ago and find it completely consuming (when im in the panic) but can be forgotten about until the next health scare. I am writing this hoping im on the right path as i am so hysterical right now i cannot see the screen for tears so apologies in advance for typos.

Everything was fine until I started having low down abdominal pain but this soon radiated to my upper abdomen also. Then ofcourse the mind kicked and i soon started having diarrhoea. Ovet the hours everything became worse and my anxiety took off as did my diarrhoea. I called my gp the next day and she asked me to go up to be examined and take urine sample. She checked my urine (ok) she examined my stomach (everything fealt fine) and thought i had probably picked up a bug. Everything was fine for about a week then it all came back again, i phoned gp again and she organised for me to get my bloods checked and check for ovarian issues. After a stressful 3 days my results came back clear. Again i was ok fot a few days then the TERRIBLE diarrhoea started again with low stomach cramps, then this terrible pain moves up into my upper abdomen and travels to my back, this seems to last for 24 hours then disappears (Btw no blood in my poo and i also did a chemist test for bowel cancer and it came back with no blood). Unfortunately 3 days ago the whole cycle happened again but today I have the most awful wind which i cannot get rid of, it’s causing upper stomach pain, and feel totally bloated. Could anyone help put my mind at ease if they think this could be bowel cancer? So sorry also meant to say i had a colonoscopy 2 years ago (I thought I had blood in my poo) it came back negative and they suggested I have IBS??

Anyone’s advice would be so helpful I feel as if im going to have a nervous breakdown, thanks in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information