Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel ill for months.

Breathless

How can you tell anxiety breathless and real breathless from an illness?

Blood

Blood in urine now, repeat in 2 weeks. I just feel doomed.

Re: Urine.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Blood in urine now, repeat in 2 weeks. I just feel doomed.
    There are many reasons for this doesn't mean it's sinister, infections, medications or some other reason, stop worrying you get yourself into a real state and its probably nothing to worry for, you are totally overthinking it xx

best wishes

Re: Breathless

Anxiety breathlessness comes from breathing fast and shallow. (Hyperventilation) It means that we have triggered the stress response (SNS) - which is designed to help us to run from danger or stay and beat the crap out of it. Only with anxiety, the 'danger' is our thoughts, The brain doesn't know the difference between what is real and what is imagined, and reacts as if there is actual danger. It's what our bodies are primed to do in order to keep us alive. By breathing slowly, and deeply, we send a signal to the brain that we're not in danger and it can stop firing out the adrenalin and cortisol, thanks. In breathing from the diaphragm, we are turning off the sympathetic response (fight or flight) and turning on the parasympathetic response (calm) - which slows everything down and gets things back to normal. This comes from breathing so deeply as to activate the vagus nerve in the abdomen. It's this which controls the PNS system, and it's the reason breathing properly is key to controlling or preventing panic attacks.

Breathlessness from illness or disease will be constant and won't be corrected by relaxation techniques as is the case with anxiety. But breathlessness from physical causes doesn't tend to happen alone - there will be other signs that tell your doctor the problem is with your body, and not your mind.

It's should also be noted that being unfit causes breathlessness, and that can trigger panic attacks - as can wearing clothing that are too tight. Sometimes it can be as simple as moving your belt over a notch or two.

Hope this helps you Zippy.

Re: Breathless

I agree with NoraB. I've learned over the years that shortness of breath due to anxiety (sometimes called "false dyspnea") is relieved by rest and/or relaxation techniques. I understand that shortness of breath can sometimes feel scary, or different, or serious. But if you take a few minutes to relax and do some deep breathing, you should find that it resolves itself.

Petrified

I've been feeling shattered and had a urine test and its showing traces of blood and protein. I have to do another urine test. I'm petrified.

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Costochondritis

got diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in june and been on steroids and hydroxychloroquine. My swelling in my hands and wrists have gone down. But I've now got bad rib pain front and back. Doing anything aggravates it and it feels like they are all bruised and inflamed but I havent injured them. Anyone else?

Re: Costochondritis

It's another autoimmune condition, both my niece and I get it from time to time. You need some anti- inflammatories eg. Brufen Retard 800 or Celebrex 200 (Celecoxib) if you can't take the Brufen. You are likely in a flare with it but with meds it should settle down soon x

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information