Hi all, on Friday last week my youngest daughter came down with a bad cold - runny nose, sneezing and fever. The school advised to get her tested, which we did, and received a negative result on Monday. (The test is horrible for little children btw)

However over the weekend my partner started developing the same symptoms, but much more severe, and she was laid out on the sofa for Sunday and Monday.

She also developed a bad tickly cough which kept her awake a few nights, and since Monday has very poor sense of smell and taste, which is really stressing her out. She's worried now that it won't ever return as she's read online that in some people senses don't.

Now we're not sure what to do in regards to getting a test, we've been trying for the past two days to book one online, but it's hopeless atm, and they say you should book within 5 days of exhibiting symptoms.

There is a possibility it could be coronavirus, but seeing as my daughter tested negative, we're hoping it's not.

Regarding the loss of taste and smell, is this possible with a normal cold, and to last this long? She's better in herself, but still very bunged up.

Thanks for your help.