Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partner has lost sense of taste and smell

Re: Partner has lost sense of taste and smell

Please don't absorb that one, Mr L..That won't be the case with your partner.

I'm very sorry that your sister-in-law has developed Parkinson's though, PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    ... first sign of Parkinson's Disease, as my sister-in-law was later to discover. She thought it was just the after-effects of a very heavy cold.
    Sorry to hear that Pamplemousse. That's an interesting factoid re: loss of smell.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Please don't absorb that one, Mr L..That won't be the case with your partner.

If somebody in the family has flu, it's going to be the flu. This one's a closed case comrade

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Sorry to hear that Pamplemousse. That's an interesting factoid re: loss of smell.
    It came as one hell of a surprise to her, I can tell you. The initial diagnosis of Parkinson's was through fatigue and loss of strength in an arm; if that wasn't devastating enough they brought up the loss of sense/smell. She was in her late 40s when diagnosed but she's putting up a fight with it - she organises the local branch of the Parkinson's Society!

https://www.parkinson.org/Understand...0Parkinson%27s.

It came as one hell of a surprise to her, I can tell you. The initial diagnosis of Parkinson's was through fatigue and loss of strength in an arm; if that wasn't devastating enough they brought up the loss of sense/smell. She was in her late 40s when diagnosed but she's putting up a fight with it - she organises the local branch of the Parkinson's Society!

Good for her..It can't be at all easy adjusting to PD both mentally and physically. CV must have severely affected her work with the Society though..

Damn, fair play to your aunt that's impressive mousse. It makes my anxiety problems seem so insignificant when people have other issues going on and they're conquering it. I'll raise my glass (of water) to your aunt.

☪️️

I'm very sorry to hear that too PM but yes she's reacted positively, I take my hat off to her. I've had anosmia (on and off) for a good few years now though have been told by the GP its down to nasal polyps. Strong smells like coffee or mint I can pick up but not so with subtler aromas.

It's a side effect of some chemo treatment too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information