I am being treated for gut dysbiosis by a top GI Dr, one away from being a professor. On a visit this week, I mentioned my ongoing stomach issues despite taking a very expensive probiotic at his request. He felt my tummy where there was some discomfort just above my tummy button. He said I need to take some antibiotics to clear any bad gut bacteria and of symptoms are still there, maybe a abdomen CT and endoscope, which he doesn’t really want to do - I think because of covid. Trying to get the antibiotics prescribed on the NHS is challenging so I NBC will probably pay for these. My dilemma is, I truely believe that my issue is pancreatic or liver and I want to have these tests now as I’m concerned with Covid rapidly rising in London that there are going to be shut downs again. I’m seeing this GI privately and not sure if my job is going to be around when I go back at the end of Oct so will lose my insurance. My missus thinks it would be insulting him to ask for the scans now prior to finishing the 2 week antibiotics. What do you think and how would you approach this?

I’ve been rough for 8 months now and I believe this has stemmed from a NHS trial drug, who have not done the necessary checks and advised I use my private insurance as massive back logs. I’ve had the NHS test my blood. Amylase was clear, LFT clear apart from bilirubin which fluctuates for me. I think my albumin has dropped but is in range. I am getting water retention which is a sign of low albumin. My blood sugar is rising to one away from being diabetic. Why, I don’t know as I do not consume junk or anything. I think it’s my pancreas. I’m also getting floating stools on occasions too and have a distended tummy since I’ve had these issues. US would have picked up ascities I believe.