Has anyone experienced a raise in body temperature as a reaction to stress. With all that is going on in our world with COVID, I took my temperature a few days ago because I felt sort of clammy but hot. It had been a very stressful day at work and I could tell my anxiety was heightened. It was what I guess would be considered a low grade fever - between 99.3-99.8 Fahrenheit. I felt fine otherwise and not the achy, chills, etc that I have had when I have actually had a virus. But of course this raise in temp concerned me, so I did get a COVID test done that day just to be sure. I continued to check my temp periodically, and in the evening it came back down to normal. I did note that I was more relaxed than I had been throughout the day. I took it again in the morning first thing and it was still normal. While I was working the following day (again, a stressful day), it crept back up into the 99s and then back down again later in the evening once I was done working. Is this how my body is reacting to stress?? I do get that hot/flushed feeling on my skin when I am worked up too, so is this possibly what is causing a raise in body temp? I know it is normal for it to fluctuate throughout the day, but the spikes have been higher than what my normal has been in the past. I have health anxiety, so I of course immediately jumped to “maybe I have cancer because low grade fevers can be a symptom”, but I am trying to be rational and wondered if anyone else has experienced this from stress or anxiety? I don’t generally take my temperature unless I am feeling unwell but this has me now compulsively checking it multiple times a day. And I still feel fine 😑. Also, COVID test was negative.