Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poison Ivy Rash

Re: Poison Ivy Rash

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I just went through this myself. Got it weed wacking the yard. I'm on the tail end but it was on my legs, arms and body. A raised bumpy red splotchy rash that itched like all get out! As suggested, topical remedies like hydrocortisone, calamine lotion, Benadryl and one that really helped me was Aveeno anti-itch lotion. Its been three weeks and its pretty much gone but still annoying.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks fishmanpa (there's 2 fishmans in this thread lol). I'm glad there's somebody who can relate even though its not very nice to experience. Bloody nasty stuff. I honestly thought the poison ivy thing was a bit of a wives tale.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Funny story to cheer you up, James (and to lower the tone as is my mission on Misc ).

One of the other managers I worked with years ago told me how he was pretty hammered in a local pub. He was dying to go to the toilet but it was full. He decided, since he was out of it, to head into the back yard and let loose in the bushes. Now, being drunk the bodily control was gone and he ended up in the bushes themselves doing it. Bad mistake. He unzipped, let fly and found he was doing it in nettles.

Try explaining to the local plod that you are 'relieving the sting' with a dock leaf out the back of the pub

I hope it goes soon, intense itching is horrible. Definitely calamine lotion to cool it but you can get itch relief creams too. The current extra heat probably won't be helping you either.

You are a hot mess, James

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    You are a hot mess, James
    I'm not sure if that's a compliment?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Funny story to cheer you up, James (and to lower the tone as is my mission on Misc ).

One of the other managers I worked with years ago told me how he was pretty hammered in a local pub. He was dying to go to the toilet but it was full. He decided, since he was out of it, to head into the back yard and let loose in the bushes. Now, being drunk the bodily control was gone and he ended up in the bushes themselves doing it. Bad mistake. He unzipped, let fly and found he was doing it in nettles.

Try explaining to the local plod that you are 'relieving the sting' with a dock leaf out the back of the pub

I hope it goes soon, intense itching is horrible. Definitely calamine lotion to cool it but you can get itch relief creams too. The current extra heat probably won't be helping you either.
    ROFL! So he was basically stood there rubbing himself with a dock leaf?!

Itching has gone they're just sore now (didn't scratch). Still walking around in lose boxers if I put clothes on it irritates it. I think it's easing up.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'm not sure if that's a compliment?
    It's a little bit of both LOL Over here that means an attractive person that just can't quite get it together!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

One of those situations Terry where you want rid of the itching but leave the swelling?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    It's a little bit of both LOL Over here that means an attractive person that just can't quite get it together!

My rash has almost gone. Just some scabbed areas.

☪️️

Good to hear!

Poison ivy can be hard to spot. My dad's been pointing it out to me for years and I've only just managed to be able to notice it growing in the woods.

I'm not allergic to it (which can change, so I guess I'm not allergic...yet) but my mom is horribly allergic to the stuff. It can be very nasty. There are lots of lotions and creams you can get to help with it. She also has a special soap she bought to wash with if she thinks she's been exposed, before a rash shows up.

Thankfully, it's not dangerous, just horribly irritating. And it should clear up soon. Best of luck and I hope you feel better!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information