Thread: Collarbone Lumps/Lipomas?

Collarbone Lumps/Lipomas?

Hi again!
    I’m trying to get better about not running to the internet whenever I notice something, but I’m a bit freaked today.
    Last week, I was kind of checking myself for anything. I know, it’s bad, but I was having a rough anxiety day. I found a little lump under the skin on my right collarbone. I kind of had to poke around for it, but it wasn’t too hard to feel so I panicked. I checked the other side, mostly to see if there was something similar on the left so I could feel a bit better. I did end up finding another, but it’s a bit smaller & harder to find.
    I made myself quit messing with them, a while after poking, so they wouldn’t get worse. I mostly forgot about them.

Today, I don’t know what made my brain decide to search, but I felt again. They feel... kinda weird. They’re really small, like smaller than half of a baby pea, but if I just kinda poke my collarbone I don’t really feel them. It just kinda feels boney. If I wiggle my fingers back and forth, though, I can feel the little lumps & they kinda wiggle with my fingers. The one on my right does feel a little bigger than the main one I feel on the left, but my collarbone does feel like it protrudes more on that side so it’s kind of hard to tell.

Rationally, my brain tells me it’s normally-sized lymph nodes, or even lipomas as I’m overweight. Irrationally, my brain fears the worst.

Can anyone provide some reassurance?

Re: Collarbone Lumps/Lipomas?

Aloy-
    Use your own words to challenge your thinking and provide your own reassurance.

Quote Originally Posted by aloy- View Post
    I found a little lump under the skin
    I kind of had to poke around for it
    I did end up finding another, but it’s a bit smaller & harder to find.
    I mostly forgot about them.
    They’re really small, like smaller than half of a baby pea
    If I just kinda poke my collarbone I don’t really feel them.
    You are making an issue out a non-issue. You began down this rabbit hole by checking for something. When checking for anything, you will always find something.

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Thank you it’s so hard to listen to myself sometimes. I know I’m not helping their size by poking at them, and I’ve spotted a few threads here about similar bumps. It’s just so easy to give in to the fear

I’m having some bad anxiety again today.
    I have still been kind of poking at the ones on my collarbones, but not as much. Today, I gravitated towards my neck. Now, for some backstory, when I was about 8-10, I had a lymph node that got really swollen in the left side of my neck. About the size of a cherry tomato. It took antibiotics to get it down (almost had to had it biopsied.)
    It’s still shotty, but somewhat below it I noticed another lymph node. Another one I’ve noticed within the last year or so. Today, I convinced myself it feels... kind of firm. Not as easy to move as my other one, but I don’t think it’s firm to the point I can’t move it. It kind of rolls with my finger, I guess. Logically, I think it feels this way due to the muscles in my neck. Irrationally, I’m linking hard nodes to cancer.

Glad my therapy is tomorrow. I need it bad this week.

Are shotty lymph nodes normally a bit firm? The one in my neck does seem to move (closer to muscle so kinda hard to wiggle) & it is on the side of my neck I used to poke at a lot as a kid due to another problematic lymph node I had. I’ve been trying to stop poking, but my neck is all sore from the first anxious day.

Thread Information