Thread: Mouth/throat problem

Mouth/throat problem

Hi everyone,
    During lockdown I was diagnosed with acid reflux via barium swallow & endoscopy.
    But the symptom which really bothers me which I’m unsure is related, is my mouth issues, I constantly feel a tight feeling at the back of my mouth, around my tonsils, on the back of my tongue and across my soft palate. My tonsils are inflamed & my tongue occasionally bleeds. It feels a bit like I’ve got a hair ball. But it’s like a tight pressure. That’s there constantly. The denstist has checked and said nothing to worry about, but of course I’ve got HA and worry they’re missing something like oral cancer.
    Has anyone else had this feeling with reflux or LPR?
    Thankyou

Re: Mouth/throat problem

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiousbrit View Post
    Hi everyone,
    During lockdown I was diagnosed with acid reflux via barium swallow & endoscopy.
    But the symptom which really bothers me which I’m unsure is related, is my mouth issues, I constantly feel a tight feeling at the back of my mouth, around my tonsils, on the back of my tongue and across my soft palate. My tonsils are inflamed & my tongue occasionally bleeds. It feels a bit like I’ve got a hair ball. But it’s like a tight pressure. That’s there constantly. The denstist has checked and said nothing to worry about, but of course I’ve got HA and worry they’re missing something like oral cancer.
    Has anyone else had this feeling with reflux or LPR?
    Thankyou
    Hi Anxiousbrit, sorry to here you’re suffering. I am also going through the same sort of thing. In lockdown i was diagnosed over the phone with silent reflux for which i was prescribed lansoprazole, has got rid of the lump feeling. But i always have a feeling somewhere in right side of throat or back of tongue or roof of mouth, have had it for months its driving me mad & i don’t know what i can do to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmum View Post
    Hi Anxiousbrit, sorry to here you’re suffering. I am also going through the same sort of thing. In lockdown i was diagnosed over the phone with silent reflux for which i was prescribed lansoprazole, has got rid of the lump feeling. But i always have a feeling somewhere in right side of throat or back of tongue or roof of mouth, have had it for months its driving me mad & i don’t know what i can do to get rid of it.
    Hi redsmum!

Sorry you’re also having problems! But so pleased to hear I’m not alone and this perhaps is a more common symptom of reflux! It’s so awful isn’t it! The feeling is enough to drive even the sanest of people mad!! Like I’m sure you have I’ve tried everything!! Honey, omeprezole, salt water wash! I’m at my wits end!
    🙄🙄🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiousbrit View Post
    Hi redsmum!

Sorry you’re also having problems! But so pleased to hear I’m not alone and this perhaps is a more common symptom of reflux! It’s so awful isn’t it! The feeling is enough to drive even the sanest of people mad!! Like I’m sure you have I’ve tried everything!! Honey, omeprezole, salt water wash! I’m at my wits end!
    
    If i find a solution i’ll be sure to let you know Anxiousbrit

Thread Information