Thread: Propranolol reduction

Propranolol reduction

After experiencing dizzy/faint symptoms when standing in recent weeks my GP has told me to reduce my dose of propranolol from 160mg a day to 80mg. These light headed spells seem to have coincided with improving my fitness and losing weight. Does anyone else here have experience of being on propranolol (or a beta blocker) while exercising regularly?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Propranolol reduction

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    After experiencing dizzy/faint symptoms when standing in recent weeks my GP has told me to reduce my dose of propranolol from 160mg a day to 80mg. These light headed spells seem to have coincided with improving my fitness and losing weight. Does anyone else here have experience of being on propranolol (or a beta blocker) while exercising regularly?
    Propranolol lowers BP as will exercise as fitness improves and the combined effect can increase the risk of orthostatic (postural) hypertension causing short-term dizziness on getting up. The dose reduction should help.

Re: Propranolol reduction

Thanks for that panic_down_under. I did wonder as the faintness had come on in the last few months.

Thread Information