Thread: Amoxicillin health anxiety

Amoxicillin health anxiety

Hello everyone,

Im currently on my second day of amoxicillin 3x a day for week due to a infection that started in the gum of one of my wisdom tooth.

I already have major anxiety of taking antibiotics. But today I’ve been feeling so exhausted. It’s making me start to feel anxious, and I hate that I have to take 3 pills of 500mg each a day. My eyes feel like they’re burning and I can barely keep them open. Will this subside after my body gets used to it for a couple days? I’m wondering since this is only my second day of taking them.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Amoxicillin health anxiety

Also, is it possible to instead take amoxicillin 2x a day instead of 3? I feel like 3 Is way too much. Especially since they are 500mg each

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    Also, is it possible to instead take amoxicillin 2x a day instead of 3? I feel like 3 Is way too much. Especially since they are 500mg each
    Taking them twice a day will reduce or negate their effectiveness, so you may as well not bother and hope the infection doesn't get worse. If it does you will be on stronger AB's for longer.

antibiotics need to be taken at regular intervals as the effectiveness of them is a set number of hours... which is why you need to take 3 a day...If you cut those down then there is time when those pills are out of your system and not attacking the infection, instead, the infection will be back to attacking your body so ruining any advances the anti b's have made in fighting the infection.

Sorry Spectrum, just wrote this and saw your post, basically saying the same thing

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Taking them twice a day will reduce or negate their effectiveness, so you may as well not bother and hope the infection doesn't get worse. If it does you will be on stronger AB's for longer.
    Thanks for the response and advice spectrum!
    Im trying to talk myself into taking the second one of the day, but I feel so scared since I feel so tired. I also have this weird sensation in my sternum. Im also wondering if it could impact memory? I am feeling a bit hazy. Ugh my anxiety is at a high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    Please don't do this. Amoxicillin has a very short half-life, about 60 minutes, with most of it is metabolised within 4 hours and completely out of your system in around 6-8 hours. This is why you need to take it multiple times a day.

Have you considered the exhaustion and other symptoms may be from the infection? They are common symptoms of an immune system ramped up to fight an infection.

Thread Information