Hi everyone, I hope someone has some words of advice. I recently turned 25, which is when smear testing starts here. I’ve dreaded having the test since my health anxiety started four years ago, and when I opened the letter this morning I almost couldn’t breathe, my arms went numb, and I actually began crying. I’ve never used tampons, and sex has always been painful. I’ve only ever had two pelvic exams, both of which were a disaster. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how I’m going to have a smear done. Never mind the (incredibly invasive) procedure itself, but the waiting for results afterwards feels worse. This year has been the first time in years that I’ve had a long break from my health anxiety, and I’m scared that all of my progress will be ruined. I got the HPV vaccine while in school, and never feared cervical cancer until I heard of women who STILL got the strain of cancer the vaccine prevented 😳 I’ve tried talking about it to friends, but they’re all very blasé about it so they don’t get my fear, hence why I’m turning to this forum for any words of advice/encouragement, and hopefully some success stories🤞