Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. John Campbell. One of our (most underrated) guardians of hope?

Re: Dr. John Campbell. One of our (most underrated) guardians of hope?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm all for balanced arguments, Fishman. I suppose I'm just a bit fed up with hearing from all these "experts" when we can't get the basics right .
    I completely agree Pulisa, the news is such utter doom right now. I felt really good this morning in the garden. I need to stay off the internet.

Ignorance is bliss in some circumstances and it doesn't look as if the eminent brains can reach any definite conclusions about covid either so I'd enjoy the benefits of being in the garden and give a wide berth to all the opinions and speculation doing the rounds online, Fishman. Do you feel any better or any more reassured researching online anyway?

I don't feel reassured in the least Pulisa. In fact quite overwhelmed. I was doing well but I just need a break from here I think.

I think you need to stick to doing things which don't involve Covid research, Fishman? Extra knowledge won't protect you and your family but just being sensible and reasonable about the risks will keep you in a better mental state of health and better prepared to deal with the coming weeks which could well be tough but maybe things won't be quite as bad as the internet/media predicts?

And let's face it...You might as well enjoy Everton's challenge for the title this season!! Wipe that smile off Klopp's face?!

I think you need to stick to doing things which don't involve Covid research, Fishman? Extra knowledge won't protect you and your family but just being sensible and reasonable about the risks will keep you in a better mental state of health and better prepared to deal with the coming weeks which could well be tough but maybe things won't be quite as bad as the internet/media predicts?

And let's face it...You might as well enjoy Everton's challenge for the title this season!! Wipe that smile off Klopp's face?!
    That's exactly what I'm doing Pulisa. I have taken your advice and decided to give the news and general info on all things Covid a wide berth for the time being, unless something drastic suddenly happens for the better (such as the first vaccine finally being made available in the UK, fingers crossed!).

As you quote the age-old expression 'ignorance is bliss', but obviously with minimum naivety and still within reason keeping abreast of the latest developments, whilst at the same time trying not to unnecessarily obsess over them.

In the meantime I shall still be sticking to the very same rules and guidelines and whatever new restrictions that come in over the coming days.

It's also now far more apparent that the 6k-odd cases we had during the initial spring peak were mostly those who were extremely ill and already in hospital prior to their officially being tested positive (and many inadvertently dying of the virus), which also means that many right now (and those who were untested/
    undiagnosed earlier in the year) aren't even requiring hospitalisation or even at risk of death, especially providing they stick by all the correct procedures.

It's also important to remember that normal cold and flu bugs are also doing the rounds ATM and haven't disappeared from the face of the earth, or even 'mutated' into Covid.

Oh if only Pulisa, but while Everton are sitting pretty right now, its only been four games. The test will come when they lose one, as to whether their recognised inferiority complex kicks in. Meanwhile I can pretend its the mid 80s again.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Oh if only Pulisa, but while Everton are sitting pretty right now, its only been four games. The test will come when they lose one, as to whether their recognised inferiority complex kicks in. Meanwhile I can pretend its the mid 80s again.
    You've got Ham-ez now and The Scousers got hammered by Villa! Incredible things do happen! I reckon the Toffees will stick to the top 4 provided they steer clear of covid in the city centre.

You've got Ham-ez now and The Scousers got hammered by Villa! Incredible things do happen! I reckon the Toffees will stick to the top 4 provided they steer clear of covid in the city centre.
    I will admit to being cautiously optimistic, champions no its too soon, but top 4 a possibility. James Rodriguez was an incredible signing, I never thought they could attract such a high calibre player. But with Moshiri's money and now seemingly letting Anchelotti make the footballing decisions, they look like following Man City and Chelsea. I've always preferred clubs to win trophies on merit rather than riches, but I don't think that can be achieved now sadly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information