Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Panic over son's symptoms

Panic over son's symptoms

My son phoned this afternoon to say he had a sore throat and headache. So, before logic could get to work, I think covid and nip along to my daughter's friend's house to let them know. My daughter is going out to a worker's meet up with her tonight, six of them. So daughter wasn't happy and her friend has probably taken a dim view as well.

My son is not ticking the three main symptoms on the NHS website so can't get tested anyway. I suppose this kind of situation is going on everywhere but anxiety kicks in and suddenly 2+2=5

Re: Panic over son's symptoms

It can still make 4 but easy to miscalculate with all the covid hype going on and every possible symptom coming under the covid umbrella.

I'd say if he develops a high temp it's more of a covid possibility but who knows and unless he is tested he and you won't know anyway so it's all so uncertain and unsettling.

I'm afraid that this situation is going to be a regular feature of the Autumn/Winter and common cold symptoms will assume huge significance.

I hope he wakes up tomorrow feeling better and back to normal, Fishman. It could just be a sore throat..I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It can still make 4 but easy to miscalculate with all the covid hype going on and every possible symptom coming under the covid umbrella.

I'd say if he develops a high temp it's more of a covid possibility but who knows and unless he is tested he and you won't know anyway so it's all so uncertain and unsettling.

I'm afraid that this situation is going to be a regular feature of the Autumn/Winter and common cold symptoms will assume huge significance.

I hope he wakes up tomorrow feeling better and back to normal, Fishman. It could just be a sore throat..I hope so.
    Thanks Pulisa, his lady friend was here yesterday for about 20 minutes. She doesn't have any symptoms, yet. We last saw my son on Sunday. He does start work around 5am every day and has two sons on the autistic spectrum, so he could be just run down. Hopefully of course. I'm wondering if I should self isolate just in case.

I'm sorry you're going through this.

He has to have a certain set of symptoms to get tested?

So everyone quarantines and you never know if it was covid or not?

Being rundown is a big possibility. Whenever me and my brother put in too many hours we would get a 24hr cold that just disappears. The sore throat was one we saw too.

If your immune system takes a hammering you can have cold symptoms. But they go quicker.

Perhaps dose up with vitamin c, try to rest and stay well hydrated. He could just be a little dehydrated (has the weather warmed up where you are?).

It seems prudent to stay away as the next couple of days may answer your question and you can't risk your wife's health.

Yes I agree with Terry..You won't lose anything by self-isolating for a couple of days and I'm afraid it's all going to be watching and waiting which is always very frustrating and food and drink for anxiety.

Let us know how he is today, fishman? I suspect you are already prepared for a covid diagnosis in view of all the media hype but let us hope he's just feeling a bit "off" and it's soon gone.

Fishman, I just wanted to say I agree with what everyone else has already said. x

Useful "what is it?" guide here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54145299

Thanks for this, PM.

Let's face it..The worried well will be over cautious, non-anxious but rational people will be confused and the don't give a toss-ers will carry on, regardless of fines and warnings etc

Thank you for your replies everyone, it means a lot. OK my son feels better today, he has a sore throat still but he's using cough sweets to ease it. But no temperature, no cough and no taste/smell loss. He feels tired but then he always does, his lady friend and kids have no symptoms.

So. Where does that leave us? Fearing this winter probably as I can see myself jumping at the slightest sniffle. I don't yet know if we've got away with this, I did wake this morning with a headache but that could be stress or the fact I've dropped the propranolol from 160mg to 80. However I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike, high resistance with no trouble.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information