Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panic over son's symptoms

Re: Panic over son's symptoms

I checked my local practice website last night. The nasal sprays for 2 - 18 year olds has already started and from next week, it's the 65+ patients. Nothing yet on anyone else.

Same with my surgery Pulisa. Doesn't really make sense under the present circumstances to wait so long for a flu jab. Some people having to wait until January!

Colds are up about 80% at the moment, so your son probably has one. I’m glad he’s feeling better.

My yearly flu jab isn’t until November, normally I get it in November (asthma) but it’s late this year. I may just pay privately. My daughter’s school are doing them in November too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it all settled down now, fishman?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That appears to be the policy at my local health centre. No jabs for the 50-64 age group until December unless you are classed as vulnerable. It doesn't surprise me so that's why I decided to make my own arrangements.

Wouldn't it be ironic if this year's flu jab proved to be effective against Coronavirus...Stranger things have happened!! It will be interesting to see what happens.
    Re your last paragraph, I have also wondered that myself.

If it was Covid me and my parents had back in February, both my mom and dad had the flu jab last autumn (2019) and they both survived whatever 'virus' it was. I never had said jab last year (and I am currently waiting to have it this year), and again if it was Covid we all had back then, all 3 of us obviously survived it by pure pot luck.

I didn't quite feel at death's door per se, but I certainly had many of the hallmark symptoms of Covid at the time, so did my parents.

I hope you did have it, lencoboy because at least then you could take your foot off the pedal as regards fear of contracting CV.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Same with my surgery Pulisa. Doesn't really make sense under the present circumstances to wait so long for a flu jab. Some people having to wait until January!
    The pharmacy cancelled my flu jab due to lack of supplies!! I managed to get a slot at the GP surgery though as I'm a carer..Last appointment until December apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The pharmacy cancelled my flu jab due to lack of supplies!! I managed to get a slot at the GP surgery though as I'm a carer..Last appointment until December apparently!
    Good for you, Pulisa.

I certainly hope me and my parents actually had Covid back in February, but unfortunately, there's no way of finding out, especially as the antibodies/antigens are reputed to have a maximum lifespan of about 6 months or so.

Could be wrong though.

I'm just switching off from all the endless news headlines once again, especially as the daily case stats are all topsy-turvy ATM, and no one seems to know what's really going on.

That's a good move, Lencoboy. It's all a complete muddle anyway. Concentrate on your own wellbeing- that's what matters most.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Has it all settled down now, fishman?
    It has thank you Terry, it turned out to be a regular cold in the end. But as has been mentioned before now, covid has added a whole new dimension to 'winter bugs' that we have lived with for all our lives without batting an eyelid. I used to see getting flu as a winter tradition before I met Mrs F. We had our jabs a week ago, Mrs F hasn't felt right since but it was the same last year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information