Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panic over son's symptoms

Re: Panic over son's symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Thank you for your replies everyone, it means a lot. OK my son feels better today, he has a sore throat still but he's using cough sweets to ease it. But no temperature, no cough and no taste/smell loss. He feels tired but then he always does, his lady friend and kids have no symptoms.

So. Where does that leave us? Fearing this winter probably as I can see myself jumping at the slightest sniffle. I don't yet know if we've got away with this, I did wake this morning with a headache but that could be stress or the fact I've dropped the propranolol from 160mg to 80. However I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike, high resistance with no trouble.
    Sounds like your son has a good old-fashioned cold. Some of those could lay me out in the past.

Picking up on your second paragraph: my sister is of the "Covid exists but its effect is exaggerated and the unintended consequences will be far worse" school of thought. And she has long said that there will be mental consequences, from people jumping out of their skin at the first sound of a cough to being confrontational over masks etc. and being in a permanent state of fear.

Did you all get your flu shots? Just cause Covid is around doesn't mean the normal fall viruses went away...

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Did you all get your flu shots? Just cause Covid is around doesn't mean the normal fall viruses went away...
    I'm a carer for my 2 adult children and I'm 61. I won't be offered a flu jab until December and only then if there are still supplies available. I've booked a private jab at the local pharmacy for £12.99 for 3 weeks time (earliest I could book). I don't normally bother but this year I will.

Damn. They're already offering flu shots here in drive-thru lines.

PM - your sister is right of course. Maybe not that Covid is exaggerated but the level of fear being generated. Somehow a pandemic doesn't feel so bad in mid summer with the light evenings.

Pulisa and Vee - myself and Mrs F are booked in for Sept 28th for our jabs. How come you have to wait so long Pulisa?? Glad you got in though.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Local GP practice has been silent on the matter. I'll be asking the pharmacy in due course.

Maybe people are panic buying flu shots now? Would it surprise you, people thinking of a Covid connection? Maybe they think the less flu around, the less Covid worry?

I've been getting texts from our surgery. Initially it was the end of Sept for high risk patients. Now there are 3 slots for the over 65s into late October.

Now imagine spikes that get linked to increased travelling around surgeries and pharmacies

They aren't buying them here, they're handing them out. We don't want people getting sick, period. And we've pretty much learned through this that there is a segment of all of our societies where people are going to do what they want regardless of what the recommendations are. When the president goes against his own Center for Disease Control, good luck telling anyone else they have to follow the rules.

I haven’t had a flu shot in probably at least 10 years. But I do think I’ll get one this year. They’re telling us (in the Midwest) to wait until October....I guess the shot is only meant to last so long and they want to make sure you’re covered during the peak months for the flu?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    PM - your sister is right of course. Maybe not that Covid is exaggerated but the level of fear being generated. Somehow a pandemic doesn't feel so bad in mid summer with the light evenings.

Pulisa and Vee - myself and Mrs F are booked in for Sept 28th for our jabs. How come you have to wait so long Pulisa?? Glad you got in though.
    That appears to be the policy at my local health centre. No jabs for the 50-64 age group until December unless you are classed as vulnerable. It doesn't surprise me so that's why I decided to make my own arrangements.

Wouldn't it be ironic if this year's flu jab proved to be effective against Coronavirus...Stranger things have happened!! It will be interesting to see what happens.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information