Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Panic over son's symptoms

Re: Panic over son's symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's a good move, Lencoboy. It's all a complete muddle anyway. Concentrate on your own wellbeing- that's what matters most.
    Thanks again Pulisa.

I'm still mega cross with all of the Covidiots who are still blatantly flouting the rules and think that they're untouchable, both in the sense of assuming that they will never get the virus and it's all a big con, and still refusing point blank to social distance and mask up in public places. Not even the threats of a second nationwide lockdown would deter them, they would probably just laugh about it and say eff off!!

They're the ones helping to prolong this blasted pandemic and not only causing inconvenience for us who ARE abiding by the rules, but also for themselves.

They'll no doubt be the ones protesting en masse in central London if such a lockdown does come to pass, chanting and waving banners reading 'F*** Boris' and it will be like the 1990 Poll Tax riots all over again!!

And many of those fools no doubt voted for Boris and Co last December.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 05-10-20 at 20:23.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    It has thank you Terry, it turned out to be a regular cold in the end. But as has been mentioned before now, covid has added a whole new dimension to 'winter bugs' that we have lived with for all our lives without batting an eyelid. I used to see getting flu as a winter tradition before I met Mrs F. We had our jabs a week ago, Mrs F hasn't felt right since but it was the same last year.
    That's good to hear FM65.

I think you're right in the sense that even the slightest hint of a normal cold now provokes mass paranoia within many of us, something we still wouldn't have even given a second thought in 2019 and before.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    It has thank you Terry, it turned out to be a regular cold in the end. But as has been mentioned before now, covid has added a whole new dimension to 'winter bugs' that we have lived with for all our lives without batting an eyelid. I used to see getting flu as a winter tradition before I met Mrs F. We had our jabs a week ago, Mrs F hasn't felt right since but it was the same last year.
    I think that's only natural when you have vulnerable people. My mum had a cold over the weekend and naturally we had to monitor her symptoms just in case and check on local testing options with her still being housebound.

I think how you handle it matters more. Being cautious doesn't have to mean feeding anxiety.

Glad to hear it's done & dusted for you. I'm trying to get dad to consider their usual flu jabs as we have some dates from our surgery now but picking my moments as he's got a lot on.

Could you ask the district nurse to administer the jabs for both of them at home? It can be easily arranged this way especially as your mum is housebound. Only if your dad wants this though of course.

So not covid?

Could you ask the district nurse to administer the jabs for both of them at home? It can be easily arranged this way especially as your mum is housebound. Only if your dad wants this though of course.
    Yes, I think so. Dad can easily book in so not an issue. The nurses qualified to take blood will probably do it.

Dad will be fine with this. They come weekly to check her legs anyway and have offered twice per week if needed. They are really helpful and put GPs to shame.

Yes I agree, Terry. The truth is that district nurses are far more efficient and knowledgeable than GPs who whine and whinge about their workload but who have hidden behind their phones during the pandemic and have still managed to take long holidays on high pay.

Yes I agree, Terry. The truth is that district nurses are far more efficient and knowledgeable than GPs who whine and whinge about their workload but who have hidden behind their phones during the pandemic and have still managed to take long holidays on high pay.
    I agree with you that there is an underlying 'blame game' culture with certain GPs which was already the case long before this pandemic.

At our local surgery they are notorious for cock-ups with things like mismatching dates and days on letters, and the other week when all 3 of us went for a flu jab I wasn't informed until we were waiting in the queue outside the surgery that the jabs on that day were for over 65s only, and I'm still jabless right now.

My dad was defending their screw-ups saying that it's all the fault of the govt who have taken the NHS for a ride over the past decade and that we should be more forgiving. I agree that the NHS and all other public services have been fair game for cuts over the past decade but there have always been lazy, incompetent jobsworth-type people who get away with anything regardless of the political or economic situation, and I am really sick to death of 'it's the cuts wot made me do it' being used as one of many get-out clauses for gross incompetence.

Sorry for yet another lengthy rant.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information