Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't believe it's been 6 months... feeling discouraged.

Re: I can't believe it's been 6 months... feeling discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

The only real way out of this mess is obviously the V-word!

It's just such a crying shame that we have to keep pandering to and pussyfooting around the so-called antivaxxers and CTers. The serial AVers and CTers won't necessarily be forced kicking and screaming into being vaccinated. Of course their views and opinions theoretically matter, which obviously makes for democracy, but it's the fact that they continue to force their OTT extremist agendas on everyone, especially the gullible of our society.

Trouble is, the genie has long escaped from the bottle, and seemingly almost anything goes these days, and the authorities are basically powerless to do anything about it.
    I'm not antivax, but you should be aware that current COVID trials are likely using synthetic RNA. This is dangerous and not approved for human use and it appears the Blackpool trial is an RNA vaccine. I would never accept an RNA vaccine. You'd be stupid to. The immune system can respond in unpredictable ways and that's why RNA vaccines are banned from human use. And they CAN have a direct effect on DNA; there are studies that confirm this. I posted on this in a previous thread and am currently writing a blog post on the topic. Should be ready in a few days.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'm not antivax, but you should be aware that current COVID trials are likely using synthetic RNA. This is dangerous and not approved for human use and it appears the Blackpool trial is an RNA vaccine. I would never accept an RNA vaccine. You'd be stupid to. The immune system can respond in unpredictable ways and that's why RNA vaccines are banned from human use. And they CAN have a direct effect on DNA; there are studies that confirm this. I posted on this in a previous thread and am currently writing a blog post on the topic. Should be ready in a few days.
    I'm not having a pop at you per se, but there's bound to be a fair amount of misinfo doing the rounds online concerning all of this and people inevitably jumping to conclusions.

Surely this trial thing in Blackpool wouldn't even be happening if it was deemed hazardous and unethical. Especially as the other week the Oxford vaccine trials were paused as a precautionary measure due to one person seemingly developing undesirable side effects which has since been considered a false alarm, as the affected person has now mostly recovered from the ailments that were originally the suspected side effects, and the trials of said vaxx have since resumed.

Of course we all need to beware of dubious info during this ongoing pandemic, and refer only to official, trusted sources like the BBC News.

I now even consider Dr JC to be honest and trustworthy, despite his relatively low key status outside of the mainstream media.

From what I understand the only mRNA vaccine is the Pfizer one - the "Oxford vaccine" is a conventional one.

This little table lifted from the BBC - I saw a much better explanatory one a day or two ago but I can't find the article now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm not having a pop at you per se, but there's bound to be a fair amount of misinfo doing the rounds online concerning all of this and people inevitably jumping to conclusions.
    You will not find anybody talking about this. Not even the conspiracy theorists. Nobody is aware of it to my knowledge. I made the conclusion after doing my own research on the Blackpool trials after its info was missing.

I'm pretty sure I'll have told you so moment by January. I've had quite a few of those on here. But if you're happy to accept such vaccines the consequences (if any) are on you.

Edit:

Oh my bad, it's in the news. I don't follow the news. I gleaned this information on a 2 + 2 = 4 basis. Blackpool trial says "does not give you COVID", only vaccines that can do that are RNA. It's just common sense.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 23-09-20 at 12:58.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    From what I understand the only mRNA vaccine is the Pfizer one - the "Oxford vaccine" is a conventional one.

This little table lifted from the BBC - I saw a much better explanatory one a day or two ago but I can't find the article now.
    The Blackpool trial is RNA. It clearly states "You will not get COVID". The only vaccinations that can do that are RNA.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The Blackpool trial is RNA. It clearly states "You will not get COVID". The only vaccinations that can do that are RNA.
    None of the vaccines will give you Covid, as “Covid” is the disease that arises from infection with the SARS-COV-2 virus. Some vaccines are using weakened or dead versions of that virus, but quite a few are using adenovirus vectors in order to create an immune response. Adenovirus is not SARS-COV-2 nor is it Covid.

mRNA vaccines, as far as I’m aware, are being produced by Moderna, Pfizer and Imperial college. I’m not sure if any of the Chinese vaccines are mRNA types.

I do agree that these mRNA vaccines should be intensely scrutinised because, as you say, none have ever been approved for human use.

I have to say that when my turn comes to be jabbed, I will be asking whose vaccine I'm getting and if they say "Pfizer" I'll be saying "can I have AstraZeneca instead?"

Nice little infographic here, courtesy of the FT.

The Twitter thread that graphic was taken from is here:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1308683479706742785

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I have to say that when my turn comes to be jabbed, I will be asking whose vaccine I'm getting and if they say "Pfizer" I'll be saying "can I have AstraZeneca instead?"

Nice little infographic here, courtesy of the FT.

I would hope that by the time we have approved vaccines we will also have adequate safety and efficacy data by which to judge it.

Apparently confidence in vaccination is as low as 40% in the good old US of A, and I’d put a fair bit of money on that being largely down to Donald Trump pushing for a vaccine before the November election.

People aren’t stupid, they know that developing and approving a vaccine in under a year is a bit of a fantasy, especially with those that use technology that has never been approved in any other vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Apparently confidence in vaccination is as low as 40% in the good old US of A, and I’d put a fair bit of money on that being largely down to Donald Trump pushing for a vaccine before the November election.
    All about him, isn't it?

This is the land that has brought you QAnon, remember.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information