Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe it's been 6 months... feeling discouraged.

Re: I can't believe it's been 6 months... feeling discouraged.

I know it's also a big thing ATM, but perhaps debates concerning the forthcoming election in the USA should be in their own dedicated threads, especially as there are many underlying related issues that already existed pre-Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I know it's also a big thing ATM, but perhaps debates concerning the forthcoming election in the USA should be in their own dedicated threads, especially as there are many underlying related issues that already existed pre-Covid.
    Do you think Trump will get through again? I don't really follow US politics so not sure what the mood is over there regarding the election. Maybe vee can chime in.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

It's hard to tell, James. A lot of polls are predicting a Biden win, but they were all wrong in 2016. However, there are a lot of people who will vote for Trump, especially in the middle part of the country. They've drank the cool-aid. Then there are people who will vote Republican because that's their party, no matter who the candidate is.

LB, I don't think you're ever going to get Covid separated from politics now that's its pretty much been politicized in so many countries.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    It's hard to tell, James. A lot of polls are predicting a Biden win, but they were all wrong in 2016. However, there are a lot of people who will vote for Trump, especially in the middle part of the country. They've drank the cool-aid. Then there are people who will vote Republican because that's their party, no matter who the candidate is.

LB, I don't think you're ever going to get Covid separated from politics now that's its pretty much been politicized in so many countries.
    There will also be those who continue to stand by Boris Johnson and the Conservatives here in the UK, even if they are of the opinion that he/they screwed up big time over Covid.

Many still continue to shun both Labour and the Lib Dems as if they are the greater of the three evils and shun Keir simply because they believe he lacks the charisma and personality that Boris has, which I find rather pathetic.

Even someone I know personally says they could never bring themselves to vote Labour ATM because of Keir's supposed lack of charisma over Boris's, and also believes that he might be a criminal sympathiser being an ex-lawyer, but continues to bemoan the Tory cuts and their poor handling of the Covid situation.

This person is generally quite level-
    headed most of the time (and in her mid-late 50s), but she seems to shun Keir and the Labour party as a whole for completely the wrong reasons IMO.

She also shuns social media as a blight on contemporary society but still continues to use it, and inadvertently getting swept up in and falling for all the constant hysteria.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 29-09-20 at 14:24.

I give up, I really do!!

Yesterday's cases went right down to just above 4k but today have suddenly jumped above 7k.

Looks like the sizable drops between Saturday and yesterday were totally false. Shame on those who compile the stats. Shame on those responsible for the alleged lab blunders!

I really hate society right now who seem to want an incompetent leader/govt in power for all the wrong reasons. We might as well just go the whole hog and have a full on nationwide lockdown or even an all-out war for all I care right now!!

Covidiots it's all your fault. You and the poxy media run this country now. And you don't care either. Hang your heads in shame!!

Somebody might just as well give me a vicious beating right now because I feel totally worthless.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 29-09-20 at 17:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I give up, I really do!!

Yesterday's cases went right down to just above 4k but today have suddenly jumped above 7k.

Looks like the sizable drops between Saturday and yesterday were totally false. Shame on those who compile the stats. Shame on those responsible for the alleged lab blunders!

I really hate society right now who seem to want an incompetent leader/govt in power for all the wrong reasons. We might as well just go the whole hog and have a full on nationwide lockdown or even an all-out war for all I care right now!!

Covidiots it's all your fault. You and the poxy media run this country now. And you don't care either. Hang your heads in shame!!

Somebody might just as well give me a vicious beating right now because I feel totally worthless.
    You need to stop tuning into these numbers so much. The vast majority of these cases are in folk under 25 years of age so will therefore result in nothing more than mild illness.

Test and trace, increased habitual testing etc, they’re all reasons why these numbers are going up. We would all rather they stayed low, but I’m afraid that until there’s a vaccine the only way of keeping these numbers down is keeping everyone locked up, which simply isn’t an option.

I think your mental health would benefit greatly by giving yourself a break from checking the daily counts. You aren’t applying any perspective on them and you’re only upsetting yourself.

I agree with Gary, Lencoboy. These daily counts have become an obsession for you now and you really need to safeguard your mental health.

Look after yourself and your family..Don't worry about numbers because the only numbers that count are those closest to you.

Thank you for your kind comments Gary and Pulisa.

You're both right in the sense that I have probably been getting too emotionally absorbed in the daily stats which from the off have been subject to fluctuation, as you very well know.

I'm most annoyed at those Covidiots who have been ignorantly disobeying the rules ever since our first national lockdown ended around May-June time, and particularly those selfish barstewards who were protesting in central London on Saturday against any possible lockdowns and even against vaccines, with barely any social distancing, and the Met Police ended up dispersing them. They were potentially advance-protesting against something that could very well end up being self-
    inflicted, simply because of their failure to obey the rules, and harp on about their human rights to travel abroad on holiday, go pubbing it without social distancing, have house parties with more than 6 people, not mask up in shops and indoor public places, nor wait in queues 2 metres apart, you name it.

It most certainly will be a case of 'have their cake and eat it'!!

I feel a little calmer now after taking a Lorazepam tablet, which I am prescribed by my doctor, and once again, thank you for consoling me.

I'm gonna third what Pulisa and Gary have already said, Lencoboy.

Echoing Pulisa's post;

Ignore the numbers.

Ignore the idiots beyond your home, including friends - you'll not change them.

Above all: Do what is best for you.

Enjoy the lorazepam!

We're at the mercy of the Great British Public but you can do all you can to control your own environment. You can't control anything or anyone else.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information