Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I can't believe it's been 6 months... feeling discouraged.

Re: I can't believe it's been 6 months... feeling discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I agree with dorabella. The government are one thing but if the party differed wouldn't the experts still be the same? Wouldn't the same civil servants be pulling the strings? Whilst these very dubious 'advisors' are going to differ why would a new broom come in and boot out the chief of the NHS?

I'm cautious on this. It's all well and good to blame the front bench but I think a full investigation is needed so we can see who steered the decisions. Just like any big corporate CEO you'll find they are nudged towards certain strategies as much of the time they don't do detail.

Yes, it's been a mess. Do I think Corbyn would have been better? Well, no, he's not good at decisions so it's back to the anti Cummings who is just as nasty (or was). But the real people who know what they are doing would be the same and they need investigating too.

Anyway, in my cynical mind we could spend millions in perks to some toffs to conduct an enquiry to a) scapegoat some 'lower downs' b) get someone to fall on their sword...then suddenly get a peerage or c) feck all...like the last big enquiry.
    I think you're probably right there Terry.

I bet you a further tenner that Corbyn and Co been in power they would have copped it far more that Boris and Co, and the Tories if in opposition no doubt would have treated the current situation like the GFC 10-12 years ago in order to gain votes when essentially both situations were/are of international proportions and fundamentally out of the hands of both the Tories and Labour, as in neither have any magic wands.

Re: I can't believe it's been 6 months... feeling discouraged.

I’m sorry you’re feeling so discouraged, Erin - I can’t imagine having a school age child to deal with on top of everything else right now. It’s no wonder at all you’re feeling the way you are - it’s just overwhelming. Do you have help in the house? Can you eke out an hour of “you” time to do whatever you want? Read in peace, hot bath, glass of wine, whatever you would do to help you relax? Even if it’s not a full hour, any time you can take for just you might really help you reset.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information