Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If I had bladder or kidney cancer, would I have worse symptoms by now?

My urine looked like grapefruit juice today. I have bladder cancer, I just know it.

Today, when I went to the bathroom, my urine looked VERY dark and very red. It looked just like grapefruit juice. This is the number 1 first sign of bladder and/or kidney cancer. Of course after freaking out, I drank a bunch of water.

2nd time, less dark but still rose colored
    3 and 4 were totally clear/normal.

I figured that its possible that it came from the fact that I drank a bottle of pomegranate Aqua Kefir that was colored a very dark red. At first I thought that it was possibly beet juice was used for the coloring. Until I came home from work, found the bottle, and there was no beet juice on the ingredients list..... :( Which means it possibly was blood....

I know its cancer, I just know it....please help me.

Re: My urine looked like grapefruit juice today. I have bladder cancer, I just know

Quote Originally Posted by NervousSubject View Post
    Today, when I went to the bathroom, my urine looked VERY dark and very red. It looked just like grapefruit juice. This is the number 1 first sign of bladder and/or kidney cancer. Of course after freaking out, I drank a bunch of water.

2nd time, less dark but still rose colored
    3 and 4 were totally clear/normal.

I figured that its possible that it came from the fact that I drank a bottle of pomegranate Aqua Kefir that was colored a very dark red. At first I thought that it was possibly beet juice was used for the coloring. Until I came home from work, found the bottle, and there was no beet juice on the ingredients list..... :( Which means it possibly was blood....

I know its cancer, I just know it....please help me.
    First you need to stop overthinking you said it yourself 3/4 th drink normal colour, you where probably dehydrated, see how things go over the next day or so, I'm sure you be fine xx

Re: My urine looked like grapefruit juice today. I have bladder cancer, I just know

I figured that its possible that it came from the fact that I drank a bottle of pomegranate Aqua Kefir that was colored a very dark red.

...Until I came home from work, found the bottle, and there was no beet juice on the ingredients list..... :( Which means it possibly was blood....
    So what was added to make the drink so dark red? If it is the GT brand it only contains 10% juice so the dark colour probably didn't come from that. Have you drunk it before?

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    First you need to stop overthinking you said it yourself 3/4 th drink normal colour, you where probably dehydrated, see how things go over the next day or so, I'm sure you be fine xx
    If my piss was dark brown, then yes I'd chalk it up to rehydration. But pink/red? Grapefruit colored? To me that sounds like a huge red flag that its something serious.

Why do you believe that red urine is indicitive of dehydration?

If you drank red juice, don’t you think it’s plausible the dyes briefly turned it red?

I know how scary it is to have a very visible symptom like that and jump right to the worst case scenario. I always do the same. But try and remind yourself that this is a symptom of the health anxiety and the things your mind is telling you is likely not what is really going on. Bladder and kidney cancer are rare. There are other much more common things that can cause blood in your urine (if it even is blood). UTIs, kidney infections and kidney stones can all cause this. I also have had pinkish urine and stool after eating beets. So like you mentioned, that is another possible, much more likely cause. If it persists or you have other problems, by all means make an appointment with your doctor. But even then, chances are that it is something common and treatable like a UTI.

Now I have another problem...My urine is normal colored now, but now I feel like I have to pee ALL THE TIME now. I drank a lot of water and cranberry juice last night but I don't think it was an overly excessive amount...Honestly the fact my urine is a normal color now doesn't comfort me at all, as constant urination (as well as blood in urine) could be a symptom of anything a simple UTI to bladder cancer or even prostate cancer. EVERY SINGLE health website is basically telling me I should drop what I'm doing RIGHT NOW and go to the emergency room because of the pink urine I had.

Now I have another problem...My urine is normal colored now, but now I feel like I have to pee ALL THE TIME now. I drank a lot of water and cranberry juice last night but I don't think it was an overly excessive amount...Honestly the fact my urine is a normal color now doesn't comfort me at all, as constant urination (as well as blood in urine) could be a symptom of anything a simple UTI to bladder cancer or even prostate cancer. EVERY SINGLE health website is basically telling me I should drop what I'm doing RIGHT NOW and go to the emergency room because of the pink urine I had.
    Cause & effect. You had an issue, did something to remedy the issue, you are now experiencing the consequences of that remedy, you then worry about those consequences. Your HA is out of control right now. This is not an emergency especially since your urine is now clear. If you are truly concerned, make an appointment with your doctor.

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Anxiety can cause that sort of urgency - I've been there, and to an extend I still am.

Also, stop using Google. If you're really ill it'll make itself obvious soon enough.

You need to change your internal dialogue.

You should be saying thing like "Ok, so it could be blood, it may not be, but that doesn't mean I am about to drop dead of cancer. Let's think about what else it could be."

You really need to stop jumping to the worst case scenario.

I have had blood in my urine and it was kidney stones.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information