Thread: Feel like i can't breath. Chest pain

Feel like i can't breath. Chest pain

I basically feel like I'm wearing a corset.i highly doubt I'm sick since this has been going on and off for years. I can take a deep breath but that makes me feel like i can't keep up. Like I need to breath faster I have pain all the way around my ribs. When I'm not thinking about it I'm fine. But now that I'm focused I can't do anything without running out of breath. Just helping my kid with her work makes me gasp for air. I feel like it's all in my head, but that makes it worse. Like I'm wondering if i have un diagnosed asthma??

Re: Feel like i can't breath. Chest pain

It's more likely to be anxiety. I know you've got a lot going on in your life, and that can do it - I've been there myself.

I think it might be. I have been very stressed and my chest is where my anxiety seems to like to hold itself. If I didn't have thr pain it wouldn't be so bad.

I'm really sorry. I know I get a tight chest when I'm stressed out and it can get really sore. I know it's tough, but try not to worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    I basically feel like I'm wearing a corset.i highly doubt I'm sick since this has been going on and off for years. I can take a deep breath but that makes me feel like i can't keep up. Like I need to breath faster I have pain all the way around my ribs. When I'm not thinking about it I'm fine. But now that I'm focused I can't do anything without running out of breath. Just helping my kid with her work makes me gasp for air. I feel like it's all in my head, but that makes it worse. Like I'm wondering if i have un diagnosed asthma??
    Before you take a deep breath - empty your lungs. Take a really long exhale - as long as you can. Then take a deep breath in.

The fact that the sensation goes away when you're not focusing on it suggests (and highly) that this is anxiety.

Thread Information