Thread: Feel like i can't breath. Chest pain

Feel like i can't breath. Chest pain

I basically feel like I'm wearing a corset.i highly doubt I'm sick since this has been going on and off for years. I can take a deep breath but that makes me feel like i can't keep up. Like I need to breath faster I have pain all the way around my ribs. When I'm not thinking about it I'm fine. But now that I'm focused I can't do anything without running out of breath. Just helping my kid with her work makes me gasp for air. I feel like it's all in my head, but that makes it worse. Like I'm wondering if i have un diagnosed asthma??

Re: Feel like i can't breath. Chest pain

It's more likely to be anxiety. I know you've got a lot going on in your life, and that can do it - I've been there myself.

I think it might be. I have been very stressed and my chest is where my anxiety seems to like to hold itself. If I didn't have thr pain it wouldn't be so bad.

I'm really sorry. I know I get a tight chest when I'm stressed out and it can get really sore. I know it's tough, but try not to worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    I basically feel like I'm wearing a corset.i highly doubt I'm sick since this has been going on and off for years. I can take a deep breath but that makes me feel like i can't keep up. Like I need to breath faster I have pain all the way around my ribs. When I'm not thinking about it I'm fine. But now that I'm focused I can't do anything without running out of breath. Just helping my kid with her work makes me gasp for air. I feel like it's all in my head, but that makes it worse. Like I'm wondering if i have un diagnosed asthma??
    Before you take a deep breath - empty your lungs. Take a really long exhale - as long as you can. Then take a deep breath in.

The fact that the sensation goes away when you're not focusing on it suggests (and highly) that this is anxiety.
    There is a light. There is. Look for it. Look for it shining over your shoulder, on the past. It was light where you went once. It is light where you are now. It will be light where you will go again. ~ Jennifer Worth

Thread Information