Thread: Respiratory sinus arrhythmia and palpitations

Respiratory sinus arrhythmia and palpitations

Hey there guys so I try to not get myself to worked up these days but Iv gone and worked myself into a state of horror now and wondering if anyone has experienced this... so for years Iv had palpitations on and off, did the whole I have serious undiagnosed heart condition etc and then just eventually got over it (well the heart fear anyway) anyway so a few weeks after the birth of my last child nearly 4 years ago now I woke up in the middle night barely able to breath my heart felt really weird I ended up measuring my heart rate and it’s was going down to 38 bpm then shooting up to higher numbers then going back down. Called an ambulance they took me to hospital as they deducted an irregular rhythm the ecg in hospital confirmed it to. Kept me for a few hours it went back to normal and they sent me home with no real answer as to what it was. My doctor put me on a 24hr heart monitor and I had some kind of scan where they like ultrasound your heart ? Anyway that was normal but the heart monitor picked up a respiratory sinus Arrhythmia. My doctor was unconcerned and told me it’s not even an arrhythmia it’s completely normal. So I trusted his word. Now fast forward to present day and palps have reared their ugly head again so I foolishly downloaded this app that the nhs says is accurate. Twice now it’s said it has picked up potential AF then when I pay the 10 quid to have it assessed it turns out the be this RSA. The thing is it’s picked up these 2 alerts after Iv had a bout of really weird horrible palps. So Iv done some intense googling (stupid I know) and this RSA is an actual arrhythmia as I can see and even though it’s considered benign it’s more worrying in older adults as it tends to affect kids more than you grow out of it, apparently there’s some links between RSA and some sad cardiac outcomes in older adults (I’m 30) also why is the monitor only picking up the RSA after palpitations ? Iv got myself really worried about this. Has anyone else experienced something similar ? I apologise for the essay. Sarah

Re: Respiratory sinus arrhythmia and palpitations

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I don't see how an app can diagnose such things to be honest. What app is it? Seems suspicious you have to pay to get results as well.

I would never trust an app over a real life doctor seeing what was going on.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi, no the sinus arrhythmia was picked up a few years ago off a 24hr monitor. The app is called FibriCheck. It gives you your results but it only shows an alert when it’s irregular and then u can choose to pay to have it looked over or simply take the result to your doctor. I’m deleting it because it’s actually bad for my mental health I should never have downloaded it in the first place anyway I let my anxiety get the better of me. However I am concerned about these quite bad palps I have an RSA

Why don't you take the results to your doctor and ask?

I plan to but getting an appointment at the moment is proving to be extremely difficult.

I think they are doing mainly telephone appointments so call and ask for one of those and take it from there.

Best to get it checked out for your own peace of mind.

Yeah I know I tried today but apparently I had missed the very narrow window to make the appointment... after being on hold for 15 mins I will try again tomorrow x

Thread Information