Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

I just wondered what others thought about downloading the new app and its repercussions if you are absolutely terrified about contracting Covid..

It doesn't apply to me because I don't have the technology but for my daughter it would be another terror to live with..and she has enough to contend with as it is. Is it irresponsible not to download it but to still carry on going out and taking all the recommended precautions? I know that she wouldn't be able to go out if she downloaded it and for her this would be really detrimental to her already very fragile mental health.

What are you all going to do re the app? Please feel free to speak your mind re my decision to support my daughter on this.

Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I just wondered what others thought about downloading the new app and its repercussions if you are absolutely terrified about contracting Covid..

It doesn't apply to me because I don't have the technology but for my daughter it would be another terror to live with..and she has enough to contend with as it is. Is it irresponsible not to download it but to still carry on going out and taking all the recommended precautions? I know that she wouldn't be able to go out if she downloaded it and for her this would be really detrimental to her already very fragile mental health.

What are you all going to do re the app? Please feel free to speak your mind re my decision to support my daughter on this.
    Well, I've downloaded it: the main inconvenience is going to be scanning QR codes at building entrances I suspect.

If not downloading it helps your daughter's mental health, I'd go with that. This is just an addition to the real issues of safe procedures anyway - hand washing, masks where needed, maintaining 'social distancing'. I certainly know of plenty of people who won't be downloading it.

Do what's best for you and your daughter, Pulisa.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sorry, Nic..I thought I'd added this thread to the Covid forum but obviously messed up!

It's fine pulisa lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Well, I've downloaded it: the main inconvenience is going to be scanning QR codes at building entrances I suspect.

If not downloading it helps your daughter's mental health, I'd go with that. This is just an addition to the real issues of safe procedures anyway - hand washing, masks where needed, maintaining 'social distancing'. I certainly know of plenty of people who won't be downloading it.

Do what's best for you and your daughter, Pulisa.
    I will do, PM and thank you. It will be interesting to see if this app makes a significant difference. It's still all down to trust and individual responsibility to do what is asked.

Thanks for bringing this up Pulisa. I did touch on it fleetingly in the Covid discussion thread. Anyway I did download it yesterday with intent on using it. But my daughter asked me to remove it because it would only play on my anxiety. And in truth it will, probably a lot but that still doesn't stop me from feeling guilty. But then this afternoon on entering Spar where she works, she was wearing a visor but not a mask. I've so far been told to 'lighten up' and stop going on about covid. Somebody in the family has to though.

Is a visor classed as a mask though? Is it down to personal choice and comfort if you have to wear it for hours on end? I'm not sure, Fishman.

I’ve never understood the visors you be honest. You contract Covid-19 by inhaling viral spores, I don’t see what good a visor does without a nose and mouth covering.

I think the visors are designed to stop the virus entering the mucous membranes via the eyes. I might be wrong though ? It seems that it can enter the respiratory tract that way. I think a visor without a mask isn't much good though, as that provides full coverage.

Regarding your query Pulisa - my feelings would be that it is personal choice. I think, to be honest, there are going to be people who don't own mobile phones (the elderly or those who make a lifestyle choice not to use them?), or don't download it....I suspect they can get enough data and enough positive behavioural change that makes a difference to the cases by having a certain percentage download and use it. I don't know what that percentage is however Mind, that is presuming it works and does its job at all, and that remains to be seen yet.........its a big IF.
    Last edited by Carys; 25-09-20 at 22:09.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information