Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Thanks for bringing this up Pulisa. I did touch on it fleetingly in the Covid discussion thread. Anyway I did download it yesterday with intent on using it. But my daughter asked me to remove it because it would only play on my anxiety. And in truth it will, probably a lot but that still doesn't stop me from feeling guilty. But then this afternoon on entering Spar where she works, she was wearing a visor but not a mask. I've so far been told to 'lighten up' and stop going on about covid. Somebody in the family has to though.
    With regards your being told to 'lighten up' and to 'stop harping on about Covid', I think it's a very fine line between constant full-on panic about it and being laid back and lax about it.

A kind of 'damned if do, damned if don't' situation.

My parents both had their flu jabs this morning at our local GP surgery. I will be receiving mine in due course over the coming weeks as today's sessions were for over 65s only, which kind of makes sense.

You might find "in due course" drags out a bit, Lencoboy. If I were you I'd get a private one done at a local chemist if you want one before next Summer...I'm paying £13 for mine.

The app is fine been non-triggering for me. i guess ive come to accept if i want to live then i most likely will catch it and i most likely might die from it to but no matter what im not going to let it rule my life. When im in my room painting my art i forget it even exsists. So just try to relax carry on living they have got good drugs to help people recover and it may be a rocky experience but unless you have worse underlying conditions apart from anxiety then you should be fine. I was place in a covid area in a and e with severe anxiety and i didnt catch it and that was a very high risk situation with people metre away from me with it. so the tracker is very good and is beneficial in the sense it is a practical measure of safety
    Keep safe stay strong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You might find "in due course" drags out a bit, Lencoboy. If I were you I'd get a private one done at a local chemist if you want one before next Summer...I'm paying £13 for mine.
    Exactly what I did a couple of days ago - no idea when my GP practice was planning to do it so I took matters into my own hands.

In the pharmacy consultation booth there's a plastic shield between you and the pharmacist, except for a slot big enough to lean your shoulder through for the injection to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    .I suspect they can get enough data and enough positive behavioural change that makes a difference to the cases by having a certain percentage download and use it. I don't know what that percentage is however Mind, that is presuming it works and does its job at all, and that remains to be seen yet.........its a big IF.
    Already it seems you can't enter a negative test result under certain conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    The app is fine been non-triggering for me. i guess ive come to accept if i want to live then i most likely will catch it and i most likely might die from it to but no matter what im not going to let it rule my life. When im in my room painting my art i forget it even exsists. So just try to relax carry on living they have got good drugs to help people recover and it may be a rocky experience but unless you have worse underlying conditions apart from anxiety then you should be fine. I was place in a covid area in a and e with severe anxiety and i didnt catch it and that was a very high risk situation with people metre away from me with it. so the tracker is very good and is beneficial in the sense it is a practical measure of safety
    Keep safe stay strong!!!
    I think that's what most of the general public now seem to be thinking and doing (for better or worse), where as IMO, it now seems to be both the authorities and the media doing most of the panicking, whereas earlier in the year it seemed to be more the general public and the media doing most of the panicking whilst the authorities seemed to be dragging their heels over it.

I still believe the first full nationwide lockdown in late March-May was necessary at the time and was imposed a fortnight too late IMO, though I still can't quite decide as to whether a second full-on nationwide lockdown would be a worthwhile endeavour at this moment in time, even though Boris has repeatedly up until now said he really doesn't want one, but might only happen as an absolute last resort, if all existing measures become exhausted.

I also doubt many people would stick to it this time round and I think there would be a fair amount of rebellion against it.

Let's face it, AFAIK, France and Spain (apart from Madrid) so far haven't imposed any second nationwide lockdowns and their daily cases still far exceed ours, though I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 26-09-20 at 16:36.

Getting phone calls from the NHS and text messages asking me to download the app...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I’ve never understood the visors you be honest. You contract Covid-19 by inhaling viral spores, I don’t see what good a visor does without a nose and mouth covering.
    Exactly Gary, the virus is aerosolised. A visor can protect you from larger droplets coughed or sneezed, but the microscopic will simply float under it. She won't wear a mask because it gives her spots so at least she has a very good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Exactly Gary, the virus is aerosolised. A visor can protect you from larger droplets coughed or sneezed, but the microscopic will simply float under it. She won't wear a mask because it gives her spots so at least she has a very good reason.
    It only matters what the definition in law is. It's 'face covering' which a visor fits. The visors were meant for people who couldn't 'mask up'. Better than nothing. Besides, as Carys points out, they were telling us you can get it through the eyes too so a mask without goggles...

As to what's best medically, have they decided yet?

On another point, I'm still not seeing hardly any shoppers cleaning their hands. Till staff don't either.

Question: How accurate is this app? Early apps were telling you if you entered the same shop as 'the infected' on the same day which is pointless.

Without some decent Googling the quality of this app (by news sites and the NHS) is poor. Since it tracks without a distance of another user signed up it would seem accurate between app users but what about others tracked? If they haven't tracked timings all you have is 'x people were in your Tesco with Covid on the same day as you' which is pointless.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information