Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24,591

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    .

    I also doubt many people would stick to it this time round and I think there would be a fair amount of rebellion against it.

    .
    Perhaps the military will do a better job than The Met? How many more reports will we see of packed beaches and rammed streets in pub areas? It's not as if the authorities don't train for public dispersal and funneling...
    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    979

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    i downloaded it cause i thought downloading it was compulsory
    __________________
    Beauty (12th August 2007 - 3rd November 2008 )
    Dylan (4th November 2008 - 23rd March 2012)
    Tom (29th August 2014 - 17th October 2014)
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10,904

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    It's not compulsory, Whisper but strongly advised that the app is downloaded...if you have the technology, that is.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,294

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Perhaps the military will do a better job than The Met? How many more reports will we see of packed beaches and rammed streets in pub areas? It's not as if the authorities don't train for public dispersal and funneling...
    Then the serial Covidiots will be screaming 'police state', 'fascist/Nazi state', 'dictatorship', etc, even for being told to social distance and mask up in shops, etc. That's the trouble with a lot of people in this country, they have a habit of making a mountain out of a molehill and making a big drama out of nearly everything.

    Perhaps those Covidiots who refuse point blank to co-operate with the current legislation and harp on about their human rights and the like being grossly violated should try living somewhere in the Middle East where there's 'real' dictatorship and be brutalised or even killed for the most trivial of misdemeanours, yet in this country the slightest inconvenience for even just a matter of minutes, such as wearing masks and social distancing whilst in shops is a major crisis situation for many!

    I know I'm probably being a bit harsh by saying this but I do believe there are a lot of ungrateful people in this country who have no idea what 'real' hardship/
    dictatorship is.

    Though I suppose people will be far less inclined to be packing onto beaches and into parks etc en masse from now onwards given the fact it's starting to get colder.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 27-09-20 at 10:03.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,086

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    Hi Pulisa

    I'm not downloading it. For one thing my phone won't support it and I don't want to get into advanced technology on my mobile.
    I don't socialise anyway. No one has been in my home and not been in anyone else's. I don't have family to visit or work to attend and definitely don't go to the pub or eat out.
    But apart from that, I wouldn't want to as it would affect my anxiety tenfold.
    I've also heard that the App is not working as it should which brings more doubts.
    But for you Pulisa, you should do what is best for the wellbeing of your family and yourself. xx

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,999

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    I have downloaded it as I am a 'key worker' working in a school, so thought it would be irresponsible of me not to download it as I have a hundred little lives to think about too as well as the other staff
    __________________
    Emmz xx

    nolite te basstardes carborundorum





  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Then the serial Covidiots will be screaming 'police state', 'fascist/Nazi state', 'dictatorship', etc, even for being told to social distance and mask up in shops, etc. That's the trouble with a lot of people in this country, they have a habit of making a mountain out of a molehill and making a big drama out of nearly everything.

    Perhaps those Covidiots who refuse point blank to co-operate with the current legislation and harp on about their human rights and the like being grossly violated should try living somewhere in the Middle East where there's 'real' dictatorship and be brutalised or even killed for the most trivial of misdemeanours, yet in this country the slightest inconvenience for even just a matter of minutes, such as wearing masks and social distancing whilst in shops is a major crisis situation for many!
    Well, some of them will no doubt welcome this new political party being set up by David Kurten, formerly of UKIP.
    https://www.heritageparty.org/manifesto/

    Much denial of Covid and vaccines.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I know I'm probably being a bit harsh by saying this but I do believe there are a lot of ungrateful people in this country who have no idea what 'real' hardship/dictatorship is.
    Of course they don't! There's a lot of crybabies here in the UK whose idea of a fascist regime is simply someone telling them to do something they don't want to do. Perhaps they'd like to go and live in Belarus for a short period? (Other dictatorships are available)

    When they've fled Stalinism, Nazism or Pol Pot I'll listen to them. Otherwise they can get in the sea.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I've also heard that the App is not working as it should which brings more doubts.
    It had an update overnight, I think it now accepts a negative result from any source.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,294

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Well, some of them will no doubt welcome this new political party being set up by David Kurten, formerly of UKIP.
    https://www.heritageparty.org/manifesto/

    Much denial of Covid and vaccines.



    Of course they don't! There's a lot of crybabies here in the UK whose idea of a fascist regime is simply someone telling them to do something they don't want to do. Perhaps they'd like to go and live in Belarus for a short period? (Other dictatorships are available)

    When they've fled Stalinism, Nazism or Pol Pot I'll listen to them. Otherwise they can get in the sea.
    Are the Heritage Party just another 'Brexit'-type party, who suddenly appeared out of nowhere in early 2019 but now seem to be going the way of the dodo in pretty much the same fashion as the more left-leaning Momentum?

    Just another passing political fad probably doomed to failure?

    Even UKIP and the BNP are now both
    essentially pale shadows of their former selves and largely considered old hat, despite both being at a high point some 10 years ago, especially in the wake of the Global Financial Crisis, but never quite large enough to garner significant majorities in Parliament.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10,904

    Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hi Pulisa

    I'm not downloading it. For one thing my phone won't support it and I don't want to get into advanced technology on my mobile.
    I don't socialise anyway. No one has been in my home and not been in anyone else's. I don't have family to visit or work to attend and definitely don't go to the pub or eat out.
    But apart from that, I wouldn't want to as it would affect my anxiety tenfold.
    I've also heard that the App is not working as it should which brings more doubts.
    But for you Pulisa, you should do what is best for the wellbeing of your family and yourself. xx
    Sometimes there's a silver lining from not being the life and soul of the party, isn't there?! I'm certainly not expecting any visitors to my house!!

    Thanks for your good wishes..My daughter is going to hold off from downloading it for as long as she can and I hope that she doesn't cave in because as with you, it would just make life more of a challenge than it already is and I want her to continue to go to her farm safely xx

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Contact with a person who was contacted by track and trace?
    By JoannaR in forum Coronavirus / COVID-19
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-20, 10:31
  2. Protein trace in urine?
    By hazy in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-06-14, 13:46
  3. New Member - Trace
    By Starfish26 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-05-11, 10:44
  4. Without A Trace
    By BeadieJay in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-11-05, 20:39
  5. Cardio trace
    By Glitter in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-03-05, 08:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •