Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Anyone claiming that should be instantly whacked over the head with Mallett's Mallet...just for our amusement. And then a plaster shoved on their mouths...again for our amusement.

Gosh, that brings back great childhood memories!!

I bet you a tenner that the PC brigade would be having hissy fits over people like Timmy Mallett and his wacky, but generally harmless, antics today.

Thank god he hasn't (wrongly) fallen foul of Operation Yewtree as yet!!

For goodness sake ! I just had a text from the NHS with the title 'NHStracing' and with the first line being 'This is a public health message from NHS Test & Trace....' (which is all that shows on my text popup notification). I nearly fell outta my skin. Anyway........once open it tells me to download the app, which I already have downloaded, and therefore presumed they were contacting me telling me to isolate or something !

I’m in two minds about the reasoning here, to be honest. Yes, having the app has the potential to increase anxiety regarding Covid-19, but doesn’t it work the other way also? As in, no news is good news?

I dare say that most folk on here who suffer with health anxiety have increased levels of anxiety right now anyway. I mean, to watch our news and listen to the “OMG 50,000 cases per day” nonsense from our chief medical and scientific officers is enough to give the most hard hearted of people the absolute fear, I don’t know that an app will make that much difference.

Speaking only for myself, I feel much easier knowing that if I do have this virus the odds are that I’ll be made aware by this app and therefore won’t be passing it on to vulnerable folk around me. I know not everyone feels that way but perhaps that attitude might offer a crumb of comfort rather than just increasing anxiety?

Well, it won't tell you if you 'do have the virus' though Gary, only if you've been exposed and need to isolate. It was having to isolate I wasn't too chuffed about.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Well, it won't tell you if you 'do have the virus' though Gary, only if you've been exposed and need to isolate. It was having to isolate I wasn't too chuffed about.
    I know, what I mean is that if you’re not advised that you’ve been exposed that could be a way of decreasing anxiety. As I say, the old “no news is good news” type of thing.

[I am with Carnation and Pulisa on this one. I have the technology but I won't be downloading it. Nothing more than neurotic click-bait. Certainly wouldn't want to be on the end of a 'you may have been in the vicinity of some one who may have had symptoms who may have been tested but the test may have been a false positive/negative'.... need i go on? Just use your common sense and mitigate risk ... I don't need to be scared of my own shadow!!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm the same, Terry..I was never one for groups anyway.

I wonder how RentaCrowd is coping with the pandemic?
    Hey, i can use them to add 5 to make up my numbers

You may see us doing an impromptu crowd dance on the tube. Social distancing routines mind you

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    For goodness sake ! I just had a text from the NHS with the title 'NHStracing' and with the first line being 'This is a public health message from NHS Test & Trace....' (which is all that shows on my text popup notification). I nearly fell outta my skin. Anyway........once open it tells me to download the app, which I already have downloaded, and therefore presumed they were contacting me telling me to isolate or something !
    For a moment you thought you would have to paint a red cross on your front door and go everywhere ringing a bell

"Unclean, unclean!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I know, what I mean is that if you’re not advised that you’ve been exposed that could be a way of decreasing anxiety. As I say, the old “no news is good news” type of thing.
    If only. Since uncertainty is one of the foundations of anxiety some will just sit there all year on edge waiting for it to ping them as infected just as they do endlessly checking in the cancer they don't have.

You're right but with an out of control irrational disorder it's merely delaying until the bad news comes. They need strategies to stop them sitting waiting or endlessly checking since these only feed the disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Gosh, that brings back great childhood memories!!

I bet you a tenner that the PC brigade would be having hissy fits over people like Timmy Mallett and his wacky, but generally harmless, antics today.

Thank god he hasn't (wrongly) fallen foul of Operation Yewtree as yet!!
    Same here, I can remember watching that loads. School would have been so much better lime that (the teachers would have enjoyed use of the mallet but I suspect one or two would shove some stones in it like we did with snowballs ).

Would they even make some like that today?

Can you remember Knightmare? That was one of my faves.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information