Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

Re: The NHS Track and Trace Covid-19 App

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Same here, I can remember watching that loads. School would have been so much better lime that (the teachers would have enjoyed use of the mallet but I suspect one or two would shove some stones in it like we did with snowballs ).

Would they even make some like that today?

Can you remember Knightmare? That was one of my faves.
    Knightmare rings a bell but I don't remember seriously watching it.

Yes, Timmy Mallett and his Wackaday show in the late 80s-early 90s era would probably most certainly be condemned by today's 'flakes, wokes and the PC brigade, whilst on the other hand we still tolerate gangsta-rappers endlessly churning out hits that blatantly glorify crime and violence, which IMO smacks of double standards.

At least the hard-hitting kids' dramas back in our day, such as Grange Hill, Byker Grove, Children's Ward, etc, in spite of much of their controversies at the time, were some kind of lesson in many bad decisions having potentially profound consequences. And covering widespread societal issues that the masses of pretty much all age groups could relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I know, what I mean is that if you’re not advised that you’ve been exposed that could be a way of decreasing anxiety. As I say, the old “no news is good news” type of thing.
    I often feel the same about social media in general, which I am convinced is largely responsible for the current anxiety 'pandemic', which of course long predates Covid.

I personally would rejoice immensely if the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc suddenly vanished from the face of the earth next year and we all had to rely on news from 'proper' sources, like good old Aunty Beeb. Unrealistic I know, but I reckon many would probably agree with me.

For the first time today I used the "check-in" facility on the app; it's useful to note that there's a "cancel" option as well, as I got so fed up waiting outside one place to be let in (and my bladder had other ideas!) that I walked away. It'll be interesting (FSVO) to see if it generates any warnings from that in the next 21 days. I hope not.

Does anyone use the Zoe COVID symptom study app? I've been logging in daily for months now.
    https://covid.joinzoe.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Does anyone use the Zoe COVID symptom study app? I've been logging in daily for months now.
    https://covid.joinzoe.com/
    Pardon the pun but I would avoid that one like the plague personally..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I personally find all these different sources confusing in the extreme.

They all seem to be trying to outdo each other IMO, some overstating the stats/risks, and others seemingly undercounting/underestimating the stats/risks, probably with certain agendas at play, especially following the big drops in cases last Saturday-Monday, but suddenly rocketing above 7k by Tuesday.

Though still very likely to be much lower than back in February-April, as my dad heard an expert from Cambridge Uni on the news yesterday mention that. Even the BBC News website's commentary yesterday evening seemed to have a little bit more perspective and stated that this second 'bout' so far appears to be concentrated on more specific areas compared to the first 'bout' earlier this year which was far more evenly spread nationwide.

I'm also sure I heard them saying on BBC Radio 2's lunchtime news bulletin today that overall Covid cases in England might now be starting to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm also sure I heard them saying on BBC Radio 2's lunchtime news bulletin today that overall Covid cases in England might now be starting to slow down.
    You heard correctly: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54366478

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I most certainly did then!!

They too showed graphs suggesting daily cases in both France and Spain are also starting to slow at long last.

Though if course, we are still only at the very beginning of October and only time will tell as to how things pan out between now and spring 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Tbh Pulisa it doesn't trigger my anxiety too much other than estimating the number of cases in my area. You just make an entry each day to say whether you're feeling physically ok or not. Though admittedly I don't explore the rest of the app that goes into more detail about C-19 stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I most certainly did then!!

They too showed graphs suggesting daily cases in both France and Spain are also starting to slow at long last.

Though if course, we are still only at the very beginning of October and only time will tell as to how things pan out between now and spring 2021.
    However, it would seem very likely that Paris is about to enter the same level of restrictions as Marseille on Sunday:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54377726
    French authorities could place Paris under maximum Covid alert from Monday, the country's health minister warned.
    Olivier Véran said infection rates in the capital and its suburbs are rising and a decision on imposing new restrictions will be made on Sunday.

He added that a "total closure of bars" could be needed in the capital.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information