Thread: Petrified. Help!

Petrified. Help!

So for the past few days i cant seem to shake the fact im having a heart attack.. i keep having back ache.. which im thinking could be because of my son jumpimh in my bed and me being squashed up the cold wall with no blanket.. i also get pains in left arm and under left breast a lil to :( i do have poor posture atm too um just so scared i need to call a ambulance i know a few days seems stupid cos if probs be dead by now but the thought terrifys me i cant shame this feeling of a heart attack is here or coming :( my heart keeps also beating fast tpo which is another reason im petrified qlso having bad heartburn i wqs given gaviscon
    My GP gave me some diazepam but im scared to take them and said im in need of alot of therapy which im also having i just dont wanan die i dont wanna heart attack im petrified ive been having one for days i cant cope with these thoughts anymore:( also been given escitalopram and im afraid to take it also i hate any meds side effects being allergic im petrified how am i ever gonna get better when im like this not only that i just cant cope like this either :( please someine help

Re: Petrified. Help!

Hi I can relate 2 yr post. Had these symptons 4 yrs. Try and do some deep breathing 2 relax u. Meditation is also good. Hope u start to feel better. X

please read

me again, so sick of feeling like thsi petrified im gonna have a heart attack today hasnt been to bad and then my right arm started aching and ny right side of my chest.. i am suffering with heartburn/acid also, and i feel vile. Now i know i shouldn't but i googled like a idiot and it said women get diff symptoms to men this being one and then we can have things like this to make us aware we will have a heart attack now im petrified. Cant see gp till tomorrow :(

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey, i went to the ER. Ecg and chest xray fine, im conviced im not having a heart attack now. But i still feel so anxious :(

Quote Originally Posted by xleax View Post
    Hey, i went to the ER. Ecg and chest xray fine, im conviced im not having a heart attack now. But i still feel so anxious :(
    Then perhaps seeking the help of mental health professionals is in order?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I also saw the crisis team who prescribed me diazepam but im afraid to take it i hate medication hate thought of side effects and being allergic. Thingd are really bad so i know i need to try.

I also saw the crisis team who prescribed me diazepam but im afraid to take it i hate medication hate thought of side effects and being allergic. Thingd are really bad so i know i need to try.
    You've been taking diazepam all your life. It and other benzodiazepines (BZDs) occurs naturally in most foods with wheat and potatoes being particularly rich sources especially when they are spouted (the mung bean munchers are onto something!). While the quantities we get from food are small, they are not insignificant. Benzodiazepine levels can reach pharmaceutical levels in patients with some liver diseases. So much so that medical intervention is sometimes necessary (despite the speculation in the linked study, no BZD making intestinal microbes have been found). So your body knows how to deal with diazepam with allergy unlikely to be a problem. Usually the main side-effect is sedation which may not be a bad thing atm.

However, while diazepam will help you at this time of crisis the benzodiazepines are not good long term anxiety meds as they can promote the brain changes which cause these disorders. Therapy and/or antidepressants are better options.

Ive also been given Escitalopram to try and again im petrified. I feel like theres no way out im always scared and i do not want to be like this anymore not for me or my son its not healthy :( i feel so guilty.

Ive also been given Escitalopram to try and again im petrified.
    Cool, but first things first. Have you taken the diazepam? If not, how about trying just a quarter of a tablet? That is unlikely to be enough to have much effect, but the important thing at this stage is building confidence.

What dose is the escitalopram? If 10mg ask for 5mg tablets instead and get the okay to cut them in half to begin with. If you can get a prescription for escitalopram in liquid form even better, but don't worry if you can't. You'll do fine starting on half a 5mg tablet.

I feel like theres no way out im always scared and i do not want to be like this anymore not for me or my son its not healthy :(
    There is a very good chance that you can put this behind you, but there are no easy fixes. It will take time and may sometimes be a little unpleasant, however, the results are usually worth it. As someone famous once said, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. That first step will be the hardest. Each step thereafter will get progressively easier.

i feel so guilty.
    Why? Would you feel guilty if you had say arthritis instead of anxiety? If no, is it because arthritis is a physical disease? Well, so is anxiety (also depression). Like arthritis it is also arguably an immune system disorder caused by high brain stress hormone levels killing brain cells and inhibiting the growth of replacements. Both antidepressants and therapy work by stimulating brain cell growth. It is the new cells that provide the therapeutic response, not the pills, or therapy per se.

Thread Information