Thread: Neuropathy, Digestive Issues and Chasing my tail ...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Neuropathy, Digestive Issues and Chasing my tail ...

Hi, of late I've experienced some health issues which I'm still trying to get to the bottom of.

Late June, I started getting intermittent burning sensations in my hands with some desensitisation of ring and small finger and other sensory intolerances to heat and cold which has persisted.

In early August I had a total hip replacement which I'm recovering from really well.

I decided to see if I could get some answers for my burning hands and sore feet. My Dr referred me to a neurologist, who did the standard tests and everything was normal, he's also referred me to get some nerve conduction tests next month.

Next I saw my Rheumatologist who examined me and suggested it could be small fibre neuropathy related to my autoimmune issues. I have CFS ran some tests and the only thing that was elevated was my C reactive protein which was 8. Just after the operation it was normal at <1 (which is odd).

About 3 weeks ago, I started having some digestive issues a few, with a few pains under my ribs and loads of wind in my lower stomach especially at night. My appetite is reduced but I can eat a meal, my weight has dropped a couple of kilos too. Bowel motions are normal but more frequent, I'm having to get up some nights to go. when I wake up, I get bad anxiety with the gas pains. I'm gluten free and have just downloaded the low fodmap diet.

I'm thinking I may have to see the gastroenterologist again (I saw him last year for something unrelated) and I feel like I'm chasing my tail and getting nowhere fast. I don't think I have anything too serious as I had :

Dec 2019 MRI-MRCP of my digestive organs, which was normal
    Oct 2019 Chest X-Ray, normal
    April 2018 Endoscopy (very minor inflammation at Z line, otherwise normal).
    Stool Test Feb 2019 (all clear)
    Colonoscopy Oct 2017 (all clear)
    Recent blood tests normal apart from recent CRP of 8 (normal <5)

I guess I'm hoping some of you may relate to what I'm going through at present or have some advice. My sleep is the pits, even worse than usual. I've had a lot of anxiety and stress with all of this too
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 27-09-20 at 05:53.

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Thread Information