Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation Anxiety? (I feel silly)

Reincarnation Anxiety? (I feel silly)

Does anyone who has ever looked into the reincarnation theory get anxiety over who they may reincarnate as?

During my peak anxiety I often worry that I will come back as someone horrible or riddled with diseases from birth.

Of course I know this is ridiculous. But it would be nice if anyone has any tips on dealing with death anxiety that could help at all.

Re: Reincarnation Anxiety? (I feel silly)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleman200 View Post
    Does anyone who has ever looked into the reincarnation theory get anxiety over who they may reincarnate as?

During my peak anxiety I often worry that I will come back as someone horrible or riddled with diseases from birth.

Of course I know this is ridiculous. But it would be nice if anyone has any tips on dealing with death anxiety that could help at all.
    I'm into all kinds of spiritual/paranormal stuff, however, I just can't get to grips with reincarnation despite some incredible anecdotes!

Dead people? I'm good with.

I'm currently reading a book written by a medium who is answering questions such as: 'Do the dead watch us in the shower' and apparently they do, so my parents have no doubt have seen me flossing my 'bits' in a very unladylike manner whilst being outrageously out of key when singing along to 'This is Me'.

Anyway, this lady also talks about reincarnation and is saying stuff like she and her father were husband and wife in a past life...

Tbh, the thought of me getting it on with my brother or mother in a past life (cus we flit between genders) really puts me off my Cornflakes!

If you know anything about the reincarnation theory, you'll know that we 'chose' to experience all the crap we go through (another thing I struggle with) because who the hell would put their name up for murdering a load of innocent people or being bunged down a manhole? That said, I accept that there is a lot we do not understand about how these universe works, and maybe it will all become clear when I finally reach the other side?

Bottom line cocker: we have enough shite to deal with in this 'life' without worrying about the next one - if there is one.

But, saying there is, I'd opt to come back as a dopey, but lovable, deerhound.

Even if reincarnation exists you, Aleman200, will probably not be coming back. You will have almost certainly had previous lives. Do you remember any of them?

And I suggest this is the strongest argument against reincarnation. If the slate gets wiped clean between reincarnations with all memories and experiences gone then what purpose does reincarnation serve and how is it any different than simply dying?

But it would be nice if anyone has any tips on dealing with death anxiety that could help at all.
    Death is inevitable. You might be hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow, or live to be a 110, but the reaper always wins in the end so what is there to be gained by worrying about it? It won't add a nanosecond to our existence. Will, in fact, probably hasten your demise as stress is humanity's leading cause of premature death.

The way I see it there are two types of people, those busy living and those busy dying as they trudge through their existence already half-dead. Life is about the journey, not the destination, and this is true irrespective of what you believe that destination is. You can choose to either half live it in the shadow of death, or out in the sunlight fully embracing all life has to offer. Instead of brooding about the end wring every nanosecond of joy you can from being alive while you have the chance for you probably won't get a second one. Everyone dies, but not everyone really lives. Don't be one of them!

My motto: Really live, do good, be happy, die loved and with few regrets. If I manage that I won't have much to complain about at the end.

"It's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years."
    Anon

I can relate to this! When my anxiety is bad, I worry that if reincarnation is real, what if I'm reincarnated as someone really poor with hardly any food and having to work extremely long hours in order to survive. Or being reincarnated as someone who is badly abused or mistreated. Or even being reincarnated as an animal such as a rat!

I also sometimes worry that if heaven exists (which is my preferred version of the afterlife), what will happen in billions of years once the universe ends? Does that mean that heaven and the afterlife will also come to an end?

When my anxiety is better, I find that I hardly ever think about these subjects.

First of all please don't feel silly. Anxiety can make us worry about these kind of things, its one of the million symptoms.

I don't think reincarnation is 100% possible anyway. There's not really much evidence to support it, to my knowledge anyways.

When it comes to death anxiety, the best you can do is try to forget it and live in the now. Easier said than done I know, especially during these times, but it can be done and you'll feel better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post

I don't think reincarnation is 100% possible anyway. There's not really much evidence to support it, to my knowledge anyways.
    There's LOTS of evidence to support it - hypnosis accounts etc. As with all things which cannot be measured using the scientific method - it's the irrefutable proof which is the problem.

When it comes to death anxiety, the best you can do is try to forget it and live in the now. Easier said than done I know, especially during these times, but it can be done and you'll feel better for it.
    Or we can make our peace with the inevitable and reframe how we think about death? That way, when it does poke us in the ribs (and it will) we've got fear out of the way...

I'm still coming back as a deerhound.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    There's LOTS of evidence to support it - hypnosis accounts etc. As with all things which cannot be measured using the scientific method - it's the irrefutable proof which is the problem.
    But there can be evidence against it too. For example, if all life dies, what happens then? There wouldn't be any reincarnation because there wouldn't be anything to reincarnate as.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Or we can make our peace with the inevitable and reframe how we think about death? That way, when it does poke us in the ribs (and it will) we've got fear out of the way...
    I'm still coming back as a deerhound.
    Haha, I suppose so. lol

I'd rather know what happens on the other side first.

But it would be nice if anyone has any tips on dealing with death anxiety that could help at all.

Live in the now.

I think most have thought about it once they learn what reincarnation is. Frankly most IMO, don't really give it a 2nd thought. Just based on the premise that our soul/non physical essence can re-appear in a different physical form or body after its biological death is interesting to say the least but at the same time pretty far fetched. The premise was born from religious and philosophical beliefs and not of science.

Based on the very definition, your soul could be born again in any living creature or being, even an insect or plant. That would mean that insect or plant could possess your life experiences and use them unconsciously to live it's life

Much of anxiety is based on extremes. When you think about the example I posted, reincarnation is pretty much a pfffft

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information