Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation Anxiety? (I feel silly)

Re: Reincarnation Anxiety? (I feel silly)

Dammit...if I come back as a plant, it'd better be something hard to kill, like ivy!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I want to be poison ivy, that'd be fun! Or what's that one flower at the arboretum that blooms only once a year and lets off that horrible smell? That might be fun too...

I don't really think about it TBH.

My maternal grandmother was a Jehovah's Witness and she was forever harping on about that fabled 'new system' in Paradise they believe in after life.

Although I respected her religious views and still respect those of others within reason, I personally have always avoided all things religion like the plague, as I believe in still being a good, honest and caring citizen whilst 'on the fence', and as non-partisan as possible.

Reincarnation? I like it on tinned fruit but not in tea

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I don't really think about it TBH.

My maternal grandmother was a Jehovah's Witness and she was forever harping on about that fabled 'new system' in Paradise they believe in after life.

Although I respected her religious views and still respect those of others within reason, I personally have always avoided all things religion like the plague, as I believe in still being a good, honest and caring citizen whilst 'on the fence', and as non-partisan as possible.
    I don't do religion either. Sometimes I get the Mormons knocking on my door and I hold up my hand and say, 'I'm a spiritualist cocker', and this is usually effective - especially when my vast collection of spooky books is on view in the background!

Then again...

I got approached by two American men in suits (holding what looked like bibles) outside the Co-op once and it went something like this..

Bloke in suit: "Excuse me Ma'am (I liked that) can I have five minutes of your time?

Me: "I'm a spiritualist"

Bloke in suit: That's ok Ma'am, Jesus loves you anyway.

My MIL found 'the Lord' in her last few years thanks to her neighbours who were super religious. To be honest, MIL was only really in it for the social crack and the seaside trips. She said the words 'piss off' too many times to be full on God Squad. Anyway, my (then) husband had a breakdown early on in our marriage (no, it wasn't to do with me) and a Pastor was sent round to our house to 'bless the house' or some shit like that. Apparently, he glanced over at the bookcase - saw my paranormal collection - and told my husband that he 'needed to keep an eye on me', then he asked if I was into Satanism? I could have understood it if I had witchcraft books but back then we were talking Doris Stokes and Betty Shine - little old ladies with perms!

I have wished, on many occasions, that I'd heard this for myself so I could have told the man not to be so ignorant with the parting line of - 'And now, if you'll excuse me' I have a goat that needs sacrificing!'

I honestly don't care what people believe in (or don't) as long as their beliefs don't harm others.

I’m coming back as a sea gull
    And I am a Wiccan.

This just reminded me of a sketch in the comedy, Bottom, where they are dangling from a broken ferris wheel car...

Eddie : [facing imminent death] You know, I think I might come back as a bra.

Richie : What?

Eddie : Well, all us Buddhists believe in reincarnation.

Richie : When did you become a Buddhist?

Eddie : About 5 seconds ago. And may I say it has completely changed my life!

Richie : But you can't come back as a bra! That's just stupid! You have to come back as something organic.

Eddie : All right, all right, I'm only a beginner you know! Errr... all right then, I'll come back as... ah! Claudia Schiffer! She's seriously organic! Yes, and then when it rained, I could run outside in a thin white cotton dress and get completely soaked, and then I'd run back in doors and I'd look at myself and I'd say 'Oooh, look!' you're all wet! You'd better strip off slowly in front of a mirror!'

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I’m coming back as a sea gull
    And I am a Wiccan.
    I've got a few Wiccan books on my shelves...

A Wiccan’s walk in Oz is a good book and Wicca Moon Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    A Wiccan’s walk in Oz is a good book and Wicca Moon Magic
    i'll look like Wicca Moon Magic one up.

I'm reading a book called Moonology at the mo - very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    i'll look like Wicca Moon Magic one up.

I'm reading a book called Moonology at the mo - very interesting.
    There's books about how to moon?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information