Hello everyone,

I don’t even know where to begin. I’ve had lower back pain since I can remember. I’m 27 now and I remember it mostly starting when I got my first job at 16 and being on and off for many many years.

At some point in college there were times where the lower back pain would be so bad that it would make me feel so stiff and hard to get out of bed, walk, and do daily activities. This would happen probably 2-3 times a year for about 4-5 years.

For about 2 years now this lower back pain has become chronic. It’s worse when I lie down on my right side unless I have a pillow between my legs. So for the first time in years I realized that I feel like the pain could be due from being a stomach sleeper. I always have been and I notice when I wake up in the morning the pain is so bad from the night before that I can’t move too fast right away. Sometimes standing for too long can cause it too. But it’s definitely mostly from sleeping on my stomach.

I know when I use pillows under my stomach or between my legs it reduces the pain a lot and makes it easier to sleep. But I don’t do that often and the pain has become a daily thing in my life. Could it be only that or does it sound like something serious?