Thread: Frequent headaches worried about aneurysm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Frequent headaches worried about aneurysm

I get frequent headaches that are quite bad. I don’t know if they are migraines because usually if I use heat and tablets they subside in a few hours or the next day but they are bad enough to make me feel like I’m going to vomit. I didn’t think any thing of them and thought they were just stress but I was trying to find out what type of headache it was and Then saw that severe headaches behind eye can be a warning sighs for aneurysm and now I’m spiralling.
    I’ve never gone to the doctor about it cos I always thought it was triggers by me clenching my jaw or not eating and drinking soon enough before a headache starts.
    I get them really often probably 10 times in a month and have been for a while I’m not sure how long and the pain either feels like it is behind my eye or in the back of my head and is hard to get on with life with when it happens. However the pain seems to gradually increase until it’s unbearable when it starts.

Re: Frequent headaches worried about aneurysm

I have chronic migraines, but it's Kool Strips all the way! I couldn't stand heat on my already throbbing head!

I had constant headaches behind my eyes when I was in my 30s and they turned out to be cluster headaches - which mostly blokes get!

Don't be so silly, and get thee to the doctors. No need to suffer with pain in this day and age!

P.S Don't freak out of he/she sends you for a brain scan. It's routine. I've had a few scans on my brain over the years. No tumours or other nasties, but I was pleasantly surprised to know that there is actually a brain there.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I have chronic migraines, but it's Kool Strips all the way! I couldn't stand heat on my already throbbing head!

I had constant headaches behind my eyes when I was in my 30s and they turned out to be cluster headaches - which mostly blokes get!

Don't be so silly, and get thee to the doctors. No need to suffer with pain in this day and age!

P.S Don't freak out of he/she sends you for a brain scan. It's routine. I've had a few scans on my brain over the years. No tumours or other nasties, but I was pleasantly surprised to know that there is actually a brain there.
    Thanks you for the reply.
    Also yes heat seems to work which is why I always thought it was muscular tension but the pain seems to switch around a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by emmc View Post
    Thanks you for the reply.
    Also yes heat seems to work which is why I always thought it was muscular tension but the pain seems to switch around a lot.
    I don't know, but if heat works it would suggest, to me, that it is muscular. And muscular pain does flit about. Why? Because, when we get pain in a certain part of our body, we naturally try to take the pressure off to alleviate the pain, In doing this we shift the pressure onto other parts of our body, and this can cause pain, especially if we're not used to using those muscles. You get me?

Thread Information