Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily anxiety feelings

Daily anxiety feelings

At the moment I have daily anxiety where I feel weak or get hunger and worry I will die. I often feel spaced out or weak and panicy. For months I had some ocd or solipsism worries however this is my latest fear. Each day I worry I will die I have this fear every day how can I deal with these fears? I emailed my therapist I seen last year however I have twice been ignored.

Re: Daily anxiety feelings

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Each day I worry I will die I have this fear every day how can I deal with these fears?
    You will die, (I'm stating the obvious here) but probably not today.

You deal with these fears by facing them.

Also by thinking about how many times you have worried that you are imminently going to die, and how many times you have actually died - which is zero.

I do understand because I have been there with that awful feeling of foreboding where I'm utterly convinced I am about to keel over. It never happened. I didn't keel over. I never even fainted!

We're not living while we are spending all day worrying we're going to die. This is existing at best. My advice? Get your head round death, cocker. Make your peace with it. Reframe it, and understand that, while anxiety symptoms can indeed make us feel like we are about to hit the proverbial deck, they are just the very physical response to our irrational thoughts.

Nora, I really admire your empathy and patience, but please believe me when I say you're giving it to the wrong person here.

Phil. I'm really sorry that you're in such a bad place right now. Unfortunately you're the only person that can truly get yourself out of this hole. It's scary and awful and yeah, it's mega unfair.

It's really good that you reached out to your therapist. Maybe look at some online CBT, call a helpline, journal, call the doctor, find a private therapist. You have all the tools at your disposal to help yourself get well, you just need to find your strength and push through, reach out.

Sending positive thoughts and love your way.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Thanks for the good advice.

My trigger for all this has been my wife took a funny turn when I was out at the shops she couldn’t see and she looked dazed. That for me questioning how perhaps one day you can feel fine and next day a heart attack and die? The result has been I have been very anxious all day and nervous to go too far from home. I have found a therapist willing to see me in person but how safe is that with Covid? I am not a fan of video calling but perhaps face to face is useful? One I found did first CBT session for free
    Last edited by phil06; 01-10-20 at 11:43.

What could be causing my hunger feelings? I feel a constant tension like I am burning off energy worrying could this be the anxiety at work?

Hunger anxiety

I have had hunger anxiety often after eating I feel hungry or all day I feel my anxiety burning energy as I sit and worry is this an anxiety sunroom and will it pass? Also when I feel anxious I struggle to digest the food it’s a real struggle to eat without taking a drink?
    Last edited by phil06; 01-10-20 at 13:55.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    please believe me when I say you're giving it to the wrong person here.
    Story of my life Blue.

I had a better day today but I felt bad tonight as I worried how Covid can strike people down in a day as I seen Trump going to hospital. So yes also I hear so many people catching Covid some mild but you hear how ill you can become which is very scary. Like one day you can be well then one day not this is my biggest fear right now? I am pondering if I should pay for more CBT or not. I have felt ok but had hunger tonight again? My worry is when I feel this way I don’t want to travel far from home?
    Last edited by phil06; 02-10-20 at 23:19.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information