Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daily anxiety feelings

Re: Daily anxiety feelings

I am feeling a little lost at the moment as I went to see a therapist but it never lead to a further appointment and my last one ignored me. The issue is despite me telling them how I feel about my fears of dying ect seems little they can do. I am a little worried by covid as it’s on news every day I worry more. In my actual area I believe 1-4 people caught it in last week so not many but things have got worse in scotland. I just feel I need to talk to somebody about it. Before covid I could look forward to a holiday or gig so when I have a panic attack I can get through that. But with the virus I have a lot of free time everything is closed at the moment I am a little bored in the house there is no gigs to look forward to I feel a little down and worried for myself? I am thinking very negative. Over the summer I got on with some home improvements as many done but even now they are done. And xmas won’t be much of an affair as you can’t see your family not allowed in houses or groups so can anybody cheer me up? How can I rid myself of these fears of dying?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Any tips to stop me feeling as run down? I don’t always feel hungry now but feel run down and tired? Can the anxiety wear you out like that?
    Yes 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am feeling a little lost at the moment as I went to see a therapist but it never lead to a further appointment and my last one ignored me. The issue is despite me telling them how I feel about my fears of dying ect seems little they can do. I am a little worried by covid as it’s on news every day I worry more. In my actual area I believe 1-4 people caught it in last week so not many but things have got worse in scotland. I just feel I need to talk to somebody about it. Before covid I could look forward to a holiday or gig so when I have a panic attack I can get through that. But with the virus I have a lot of free time everything is closed at the moment I am a little bored in the house there is no gigs to look forward to I feel a little down and worried for myself? I am thinking very negative. Over the summer I got on with some home improvements as many done but even now they are done. And xmas won’t be much of an affair as you can’t see your family not allowed in houses or groups so can anybody cheer me up? How can I rid myself of these fears of dying?
    I know exactly where your coming from it feels like life has lost its sparkle without being able to undertake normal activities. What I suggest is to point out the obvious but you are not alone in all of this! Read the thread which began in Jan/Feb time about covid! This has been going on for a year. I guess depending on your physical health and well-being you need to eat healthy foods (says the girl who consumed her body weight in Chinese this evening) a) because you need your immune system to be at its peak not just to fight covid but to fight flu and colds you don’t want any of those to knock you down and be at a vulnerable place for covid to enter into the mix. B) you need to shift it up a bit! What have you always wanted to do that you haven’t ever managed to do? Mine was clear my bedroom out and basically turn it into an art art studio! Tell us some hobbies you have and enjoy.
    Don’t predict Christmas no one knows what’s happening at Christmas this year we are a little way off to start planning to eat turkeys alone!
    And last of all my biggest answer to take your mind of it all is NETFLIX!!!! I have binge watch way too many tv shows omg but it’s sooo good the escapism is fantastic and watch reality shows prior to covid it helps remind us that life was and will one day return to normal.
    I hope this helps keep you chin up! We got you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can I rid myself of these fears of dying?
    I think I've said this before to you...

You lose the fear of dying by accepting that you will die one day, but that day is probably not today. Today you get to live.

Check out NDE stories from IANDS and listen to people who have actually died. Dying is nothing to fear. If it was, why do they all have to be convinced to get back in their bodies? Because it's so flipping lovely not to be weighed down with a body and all the egotistical crap that we have to lug around with us in life. Also, every NDEr comes back with the fear of death removed.

Every day that you waste fearing death and dying is another day that you're not living.

The best thing you can do re coronavirus is to NOT watch the news everyday. Work on a need to know basis, and do not saturate yourself with the gloom and doom. The news is intended to be dramatic or people wouldn't tune in. All you need to know is what the restrictions are in your area, and all you need to do is follow the guidelines to keep yourself, and others, safe.

Xmas is up the shitter for most of us. I'm resigned to the fact that I won't see my sons and grandson. So I will have to make the best of a bad situation. It's all any of us can do.

The symptom of feeling hungry went away for about a week after I seen the therapist. However it's come back as the same old worry came up like "Maybe I will die of this hunger/weak feeling?" I seem to be very worried about this lately and it gets followed by the symptom then my anxiety says maybe the hunger is something worse? Like a vicious cycle. The hunger arrives when I check do I feel hungry and grouchy? Is it possible for these symptoms to magically appear?

I also worry this is going to be a pattern with my anxiety at the moment and I may have to have this symptom? I remember first noticing this symptom again about June. Why would I be getting this symptom in my anxiety?

Why are you paying no attention to Nora after she took the time to help you by writing such a thoughtful reply?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Why are you paying no attention to Nora
    Because Phil's about symptom dumping and looking for reassurance rather than being proactive.

Sympathy has its place but it won't beat HA.

Agreed, unfortunately. I think we have a lot of members here who haven't worked that out yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Because Phil's about symptom dumping and looking for reassurance rather than being proactive.

Sympathy has its place but it won't beat HA.
    Its been that way for over 14 years and on several forums. Take a look at the history. I would use your experience and time to help those that will actually benefit and acknowledge your words.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Its been that way for over 14 years and on several forums. Take a look at the history. I would use your experience and time to help those that will actually benefit and acknowledge your words.

Positive thoughts
    As much as it saddens me to give up on folk - you're right.

What's that saying? You can lead a horse to water...

That said, there is always the hope that other people may benefit from my comments even if the OP doesn't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information