Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Daily anxiety feelings

Re: Daily anxiety feelings

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I think I've said this before to you...

You lose the fear of dying by accepting that you will die one day, but that day is probably not today. Today you get to live.

Check out NDE stories from IANDS and listen to people who have actually died. Dying is nothing to fear. If it was, why do they all have to be convinced to get back in their bodies? Because it's so flipping lovely not to be weighed down with a body and all the egotistical crap that we have to lug around with us in life. Also, every NDEr comes back with the fear of death removed.

Every day that you waste fearing death and dying is another day that you're not living.

The best thing you can do re coronavirus is to NOT watch the news everyday. Work on a need to know basis, and do not saturate yourself with the gloom and doom. The news is intended to be dramatic or people wouldn't tune in. All you need to know is what the restrictions are in your area, and all you need to do is follow the guidelines to keep yourself, and others, safe.

Xmas is up the shitter for most of us. I'm resigned to the fact that I won't see my sons and grandson. So I will have to make the best of a bad situation. It's all any of us can do.
    Yes, like it or not, Christmas 2020 most certainly be very different and scaled down compared to normal.

But possibly, on the more positive side, it might make many of us rethink and reflect in the true values of the festive season, rather than splashing out dosh many of us don't even have (and inadvertently ending up in severe debt come the New Year), having boozed-up wild parties, etc, and worst of all, for me having to suffer the constant ear torture from that blasted Slade song with Noddy H yelling 'ITTSSS CHRRISST-MAASSS!' in every shop and at every flippin' party!

Sometimes literally, less is more.

I suspect that some people will just please themselves and ignore whatever the restrictions are for their tier system. Others will do as they are requested and make sacrifices. Christmas will be a good excuse to kick up a fuss/protest about the "injustice" of it all etc etc. This virus thrives on people's behaviours and there's not a lot science can do about that.

NoraB does ace replies with great insight, but of course, as has been noted - Phil 'walks past' your post and makes you feel like you are invisible. Having been on his threads for quite some time (years), I learnt that its a waste of time.

Thanks the replies were very helpful and I had a good read through them however I posted again as the hunger/weakness feeling hasn’t gone away which is why my anxiety keeps on going. I have been trying to work on distraction.

So can my anxiety really be causing my weak hunger feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So can my anxiety really be causing my weak hunger feelings?
    Oh go on then Phil, I'll play with ya.

In my long history of anxiety (45 years at least) I've experienced severe hunger pains minus the appetite.

I've had no appetite at all.

I've had low blood sugar symptoms twenty minutes after eating a meal.

I've had zero appetite with no physical signals of hunger. (digestive system supressed)

Your hunger pains are due to an excess of cortisol and adrenalin in your system.

Simple answer - yes - anxiety really can be causing these feelings..Best thing to do is to eat little and often and not to overtax your system with a lot of fatty food and refined carbs. Stress hits the guts directly, so it pays to show it some consideration.

I know you won't take a blind bit of notice, but it's Friday, I just a full refund on my holiday, and I'm in a good mood.

Food for thought and plenty to digest from Nora's post, Phil..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Food for thought and plenty to digest from Nora's post, Phil..
    Thanks yes it is. Distraction seems to be a cure so far when my mind is busy I don’t have these worries. Sadly I am not always busy.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks yes it is. Distraction seems to be a cure so far when my mind is busy I don’t have these worries. Sadly I am not always busy.
    It's not about distraction. It's about understanding this symptom, why it happens, and that there is nothing to fear. Distraction will only mask fear temporarily, as you've found out, because it's there with a vengeance when you're not busy. How can this be considered 'a cure' when it hoofs you up the bum when you're not distracted?

Understand anxiety. Understand the stress response. Lose the fear.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information